I see the way the Bay is movin and the shit makes me proud...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 28, 2003
The Bay has been slept on and stept over for the past decade, but now shit is poppin out here again. We have so many artist with star quality it's rediculous. Just a short list...

O.G'z- 40, 2Short, E-A-SKI and B-Legit

G'z- Keak, Quinn and Messy Marv

Y.G'z- Mista FAB, The Frontline, The Team, Bailey, Ya Boy, Hood Stars, Turf Talk, Balance...

Youngsta's- Wolf Pack and A's

I really don't think the country is ready for the amount of quality artist coming out of this area. The Bay has what the game needs...variety. This isn't even counting Kiesha Cole, Goapple and groups like Zion-I.

Dec 9, 2003
RealRich said:
The Bay has been slept on and stept over for the past decade, but now shit is poppin out here again. We have so many artist with star quality it's rediculous. Just a short list...

I really don't think the country is ready for the amount of quality artist coming out of this area. The Bay has what the game needs...variety. This isn't even counting Kiesha Cole, Goapple and groups like Zion-I.

good thread

Mar 28, 2006
5ive1en said:
^^ The Delinquents ain't really making that much noise.
u sure bout that...last year they came out wit "have money have heart"...

g-stack on that n.e.w. oakland track and he on hella other remixes....lets not forget the "oakland not bay thread" it all started cuz of what g-stack be sayin

IMO delinquents is makin enough noise

BTW watch the "blow the whistle" video they up in there

Oct 31, 2003
I would say the Jacka aswell...I think Quinn, Keak, and Mess belong in the G's catigory because artist like 40 and Too Short were established when they got in the game. I think JT should be added to that list. I will say this if you look at the bigger picture for the Bay to really blow like it should it's important for the non/not so hyphee artist like The Frontline, The Team, Jacka, Ya Boy and Balance to make the Bay keep it's beyond the Hyphee, Yellow Bus status. For this "movement" to really do what it should do the cream needs to rise to the top before we become victims of over saturation. Good thread though.

May 5, 2002
who cares what he put, its HIS THREAD... don't turn this into "hey you forgot to put in ________ (insert favorite bay rapper)" thread

but its real talk, the bay is stacked, and WILL be on top (I told everyone houston was gonna blow 2 years before it happened). All it takes is an area to start buzzin big and be about its culture, and bizness will recognize that and capitalize on it on the mainstreem level. The bay has been hot, but now its marketable, cuz few years ago bay shit wasn't even bein played on bay radio, now its all over it...

Feb 27, 2006
i dont give a fuck how the bay is gettin credit nowadays cuz it aint happenin in the right way. we been makin quality shit for a long time now, the hyphy movement is just a gimmick made by 40 to get some mainstream credit. shit gets watered down when mtv hits the scene. adidi? if i wuz that nigga keak id be pissed, 40 be takin all his shit. shit while im on topic, nigga made a song called "Stewie?" cmon now mayne, u wuz never on that shit when dre was alive? why now? nigga''s a fake.