I present "The Timeline: 500 West Coast tracks, 1981-2012"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
About four years ago, I posted this thread here:

http://www.siccness.net/vb/f5/name-many-90s-tracks-bay-278813.html

I started on a project back then that I wanted to have 500+ West Coast songs on, all in order from the early 1980's and to the present. It became overwhelming, so I stopped it back then, but restarted it about a month and a half ago.

I put it out on May 2nd, and it ended up getting a whole lot of exposure..more than I expected. After DJing at Paid Dues, Rock The Bells, SXSW, and having a lot more connects...I just figured it was that time to finish it!

I wanted to shout y'all out for sure...y'all were always the main place I would lurk on to find out about the Bay music, new and old. So even though my base is 80% L.A. (I live in South Central L.A.)...I made sure to include a lot of Bay material that was never played in L.A...and surprisingly, the reaction has been good on both sides. So thanks for staying active on here for so long!

I am going to put the tracklist out for it this week. It's 500 songs, starts in 1981, ends in 2012. I was reluctant to post it here, because it's probably some artists and songs that I "missed" on it...but it took hours, hours, and hours just to cut it down to 500 from the 900+ that I had.

Intro was done by DJ EZ Dick from the old Snoop/DPG W-Balls skits.

So yeah...enough talking...check it out here!

https://soundcloud.com/r-tistic/timeline

And my main website is DJ R-Tistic, Twitter is @dj_rtistic.com.

(BTW...does ANYBODY remember the very 2nd track on here? Has anyone heard it before, or of the dude?)

Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
thats dope, that must have took a helluva a lot of work

500 songs in 78 minutes ? damn

definitely gonna need a tracklisting

so what song did you let play the longest? lol
I am gonna put the tracklist out maybe tomorrow or Wednesday. I didn't wanna do that, because some folks will just look at the tracklist and not listen to it, if that makes sense.

Longest was actually 2Pac "To live in die in L.A." only because I blended "Do G'z get to go to Heaven?" underneath it. But 80% of the songs go for four bars, the rest go for 2 bars or so.

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I am gonna put the tracklist out maybe tomorrow or Wednesday. I didn't wanna do that, because some folks will just look at the tracklist and not listen to it, if that makes sense.

Longest was actually 2Pac "To live in die in L.A." only because I blended "Do G'z get to go to Heaven?" underneath it. But 80% of the songs go for four bars, the rest go for 2 bars or so.
I understand. I listened to it yesterday, even tho the songs are so short, it's still a great West Coast history lesson

Nov 14, 2002
I just listen to the whole thing...

This is super dope! i noticed the production started to shift for the worst around the 1 hour mark. i hung on and knew just about every song till it got to the last 8 minutes. i started to cringe at the shit i was hearing and how the west just started to not give a shit about dope beats.just a bunch of cow bells and whistles.

props making this too.this is something i would want on a cd tucked in my casket when i die.

Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
I just listen to the whole thing...

This is super dope! i noticed the production started to shift for the worst around the 1 hour mark. i hung on and knew just about every song till it got to the last 8 minutes. i started to cringe at the shit i was hearing and how the west just started to not give a shit about dope beats.just a bunch of cow bells and whistles.

props making this too.this is something i would want on a cd tucked in my casket when i die.
The Jerkin era for SURE for sure had the worst production, and the overall sound quality was completely horrid. BUT...it revitalized the L.A. scene, and eventually evolved into a new sound for us. Mustard came from that, and he's a Top 3 Club producer in the game now...possibly #2.

LOL @ tucking it in the casket, I appreciate that!

Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
This is the best west coast mix I've ever heard. You need to get this out there and submit it to some bigger publications like HipHopDX or something... Shit I'll do a write-up on this.
Damn, thanks though! Yea it was actually on HiphopDX and a few other sites on the day it dropped, but I still think it can get pushed a bit more. I would appreciate a write-up for sure, my contact is [email protected]