I pod adapter for Car stereo question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 3, 2005
is there any adapters for the i pod to control the bass and volume control for a car stereo system? Because I have my i pod connected to my amplifier, but theres no way to adjust the bass from there. Only if i mess wit the bass on my amp, but thats too much of a hassle messing wit bass control all the time on my amp.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
there are things you can use to control the volume....there are remotes that will work with ipod by either connecting to the dock or (if its a 2, 3, or 4g) connecting to the little thing next to the headphone jack. your best bet though, would be to just connect it to your car stereo. either run a line in or get one that you can attach a dock connecter.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Why would you have it plugged into your amp? There are several adapters to plug into your deck whether it's an auxilary input or an RF modulator that plugs in to the FM input and daisy chains with the antenna. Do you have a factory head unit?? Post up your stereo.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
He has it inputted into his amp, adjusting the bass on the ipod won't work well because songs vary and his amp isn't sitting at arms reach when he is driving.....

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Ahhhh tough one, I'd go with a fm modulator, not a fm transmitter.

I bought this one a while back. It's got a USB port right in the front and all I gotta do is plug in my Creative Zen Micro and it's on. Controls the mp3 right from the remote or buttons.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
^since you have an ipod you don't need to look for one with a usb input, because there are several that have attachments for ipods. pioneer & alpine both have add ons that will allow you to attach the ipod thru the dock connector. I'm sure there are several others too.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
That's if he has a RCA input. They sell adapters that go into your CD Changer input that provide an ipod interface. Don't change decks, you really don't have to. I'll find the adapter for you...

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
This is all you need.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/I...center/car/ipod/ipod_installation.html?page=5

It's an FM modulator like I mentioned earlier. Now you know where your car antenna plugs into your deck? Well all you have to do is unplug your antenna, and instead plug in the FM Modulator. Then plug your antenna into the FM Modulator. The Modulator will give you that RCA input that you need. You can then just run an auxillary to RCA wire back to the modulator, just tuck it good so it looks nice. Then just plug the aux end into your Ipod. It's not as complicated as I may have made it look lmfao.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
^the original itrip's suck.....the ones that went into the headphone jack & the little remote thing thats next to the headphone jack.....you can only put the volume from 50-75% and you have to download stations into the ipod.....that shit was gay and I was hella mad that I wasted my time stealing it......I mean buying, buying I said.....now they make ones that plug into the dock connection, so I guess they're better since the station selector is on the actual itrip....but fm transmitters should be a last resort

Jan 23, 2006
awwww last resort lol .... i would get an ipod ready deck ... but my deck is a stolo, i dont want to get a new deck and bestbuy wouldnt know how to install it because so many wires and stuff was stripped and stuff.. do you think bestbuy can still install another deck?