I picked up Tommy Wright III Genesis- Its fire

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 3, 2002
M-1 said:
Womack's Book of the Dead had some heat on it

on a sidenote...who remembers "Bump To This" off that Blackout Under the Influence? That's easily one of my favorite M-town sonGs of all time

^^^^^Manne. I was just bumpin' that album in the whip. Snubnoze Muzik dropped sum classic undaground albums!

'Bump 2 This' iz a classic trac fashiggadel......Blac-Out, Mac J, Lil'Fly, Lil'Peanut, and Terror all come sicc on that junt!

Feb 8, 2003
datfrenchmane said:
havin a verse on an album dont mean being part of a click...

dawg if you listen to all Tommy Shit he even say LaChat is part of Street Smart.
You just proved you don't have the original copy of the "On The Run" CD.
Because La Chat with her fucked up hair is in the inside insert part of Ten Wanted Men.

Duece Out

Apr 25, 2002
mann tommy is the hardest from memphis. all his shit is tight.

cesolito: do you got any scans of the covers for them 10 wanted men tapes?

Grim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.grim64131.freeservers.com
Cesolito #1 said:
dawg if you listen to all Tommy Shit he even say LaChat is part of Street Smart.
You just proved you don't have the original copy of the "On The Run" CD.
Because La Chat with her fucked up hair is in the inside insert part of Ten Wanted Men.

Duece Out

tommy dont really start joking that la chat is part of the click until that Ten Toes Down tape....on "On The Run" she just through some shit on there just like everyone else did to fill up some tracks, those Fly songs were from Fly Shit, nothing new and his verse was from Mystic Styles just like K-Rocs were and one of La Chats were....I was just talking about who rapped with who first because I thought that is what you were saying.....I aint tryin to get into a contest on how we can define the word "click" and what makes you part of a click.....I mean Fly and La Chat were on the quote "posse" tracks on Mystic Styles and Fly had been all over their underground albums as well before hand, so that is why I considered him part of them and he aint never been with street smart, just put some songs

Aug 7, 2002
pretty clean...for some reason i aint really got into his stuff....i got feel me befo they kill me cuz sum nigga said it haz some tight beats...i picced up on the run last year...lyrics were mad tight ya know and sum beats were coo but i wasn't feelin most ofem, but thats just me though...didn't tommy wright get killed last year or sum shit? i heard a rumor bout him gettin shot down...

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
IMO Tommy is the best to come out of Memphis. There are tons of other tight fools, but i just really feel his voice.flow and lyrics. I got some of the underground taps like: Manson Family-Gram Afta Gram, 10 Wanted Men- Wanted Dead or Alive, Lo-key ft. MDB, Lil Watts- Watcha Talkin Bout, Lil Ku Ku of Manson Family- Ku Ku For Them Dollars, Tommy Wright 3- Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust, Tommy Wright 3- Greatest Hits (not genisis). and N.O.D.- Niggaz Of Destruction (IMO the best of the before cd albums Street Smart put out) Plus I got On the Run,Feel Me....,Genisis, and Behind Closed Doors.

Grim-- Do you know if PunnaManne of Manson Family ever put out a solo or has been on anything else. Because that fool goes off on everything i've heard him on.

Oh yeah and StreetSmarts Covers for the tapes(the ones that had covers) are classic. Some old grimmy looking shit.

Nuttkace

dont trip cesolito ,i wasnt trying to prove that she was or she wasnt down with street smart ,i was just saying we dont know.

i have all his nationwide releases ,Og cd's ,in behind closed doors covers you can see he says dj trick and a grip of other groups are on street smart ,they sho ain't..

poonie mane is (or should i say "was") also known as p-main ,he was on manson family both junts (ug release and on heltah skeltah on a few songs) ,and i think he was on that M.A.N.S.O.N junt also...

2 lo key had 2-3 tight cuts ,but it was avg overall IMO
womack tape was weak to me

a few peeps told me street smart put out more tapes in memphis back in the days than the ones that got bootlegged on cd-r's over the years,i wonder if it's really true though ,who knows..

Feb 8, 2003
datfrenchmane said:
cesolito you might be wright though ,check that

http://www.down-south.com/interviews/MrC-Roc/index.shtml

he talks about beef with other street smart members ,how tommy runs street smart ,and about lost underground tapes..

i wonder if all this shit is true though ,but peep it

TWIII is one of the most mysterious artist ever, No artist in Memphis besides the one he works with gives him shouts out or credit in they albums. For some reason no one knows nothing about him besides his albums.

Yeah that Manson Family is bumping I totally forgot about that group. I had two of their tapes but when I moved I believe they were thrown in the trash by accident. If anyone got them online get at me and I'll upload and trade you for something you need.

@Carlos
Yeah there was a big rumor about him getting killed, I don't even know the truth to it. They also said he was laying on the low for his life.

yeah from what i know there's so much animosity between rappers in memphis...

a lotta peeps told me TIII wasnt gettin any sales in memphis ,that all these junts were bought in mississippi ,which would explain why he had jackson ,MS artists signed to the label (killa thugs and lil watts)...

shit is mysterious though...