I NOTICED NYC NIGGAS SAYING "ITS LIT" & "KEEP IT LIT" NOW

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

VERSACERO

smoking meth with steve
Mar 14, 2004
you know we from where all the slang come from, im tryna talk shit about it right now, but can't think of some old songs that got keep it lit and its lit in the verses. i know its hella right nos im just drawing a blank. can somebody drop some in here. i know the jack use to stay saying it
Mc hammer-2 legit 2 quit, "keep it lit, cause I'm 2 legit 2 quit, hey hey"

Mar 28, 2010
What about these Coolie High n*ggaz ("Chi-Raq) saying "wit da sh*t"? And the whole web acting like that's Chi-town slang.

To everyone saying this type of thing is nothing new, you're right, but anyone who think slangs come from all over you're DEAD AS* WRONG. Around 95% of all Hip-Hop slang (and slang in general) Originate in New York or The Bay Area (Sorry, L.A. All y'all came up with is "Ballin" and "Sets"). My beef is, NY get props for all the slang jacked from them, with The Bay, we never do. They waitYEARS AFTER WE COME UP COME WITH THE TERMONOLOGY AND A LOT OF TIMES UNTIL WE DON'T EVEN SAY THE SH*T ANYMORE, THEN THEY DIG IT UP, AND SWEAR THEY MADE OUR SH*T UP (Yes, ATL is at the forefront of this).