I need cd cleaning tips...help!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2002
This is some fucked up shiz......I am pissed :angry: I got a cd case last x-mas and I put all my cd's in there and I took them all out today and they have this residue on 'em from the cd case. I dont have a clue what the fuck it is. I didn't realise till recently I was ruining my own cd collection. All my cd's were in there and most of my shit skips now I am heated. I need serious help on some cleaning tips please!! I want to save my collection. It is a Trex brand case. DO NOT BUY THIS KIND!! I am going to write the company and hopefully get some money from these hoez. :angry: Holla back for some tips please! Peace.

May 11, 2002
Now aint that a bitch...
Homie I've had the same exact thing happen to me with 2 different cds cases. With one case I had the residue problem and with the other I was keeping the cds in a case with the cd's placed in front of the insert covers which is a BIG NO NO !!! It scratches the hell out of them. Im in a process of cleaning all my cds and transferring them over to another case right now. I continue to hear of different methods to fix cd's

I've heard of....
toothpaste
alcohol
windex
and now lotion

Go to circuit city and get a skip dr. md it's a little expensive but the coolest thing is it's an automatic version of the skip dr. Whatever you do don't get the skip dr. it's a whole lot cheaper but it breaks on its own and is next to impossible to fix once it breaks.

Apr 26, 2002
Duo775 said:
Go to circuit city and get a skip dr. md it's a little expensive but the coolest thing is it's an automatic version of the skip dr. Whatever you do don't get the skip dr. it's a whole lot cheaper but it breaks on its own and is next to impossible to fix once it breaks.
year, i went ahead and copped that skip dr (tha manual kind) and that shit duz work. that's wut i'd recommend. only like $40. fold.