I love East Coast Rap and here is why.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
DSOD24 said:
Main reason is there is so much more of a tradition of bringing quality with each release. You can tell they are more secure in their abilities and always progressing in content and adversity. There are only a handful of westcoast artists that can hang with the east and hate to say it but I live on the west coast and I wish we had more talent here. It seems like most rappers out here are all stuck in the same mindframe and insecure in their abilities. It's as if they are afraid to step out from this haze hovering over west coast rap and actually bring something creative. The really sad thing is they have most of the people on this board brainswashed as well. Writing "Fuck those Eastcoast Bitches", and so on. From an outsider it would appear quite a few of us are jealous of the east coast on here. Just an observation though. What happened to appreciating quality music regardless of where it was recorded at or where the person rapping is from. I mean it is cool to rep your coast, city, or hood, but keep an open mind to the fact other people are doing the same shit we are doing......just in a different place. Go to the message boards pertaining to east coast rap and you don't see any shit like "Fuck the West". Maybe thats why more people are tuned into the east coast rap scene now more than Cali and bay area rap. I mean people on here are always complaining about how the bay gets no credit or exposure and here is why. If you can't give credit where credit is due to others how are they gonna give you credit back. It's gonna take more than the bay area to support bay rap and actually put it on the map. Bottom line--- hip hop music has the underlying potential to be the most creative no matter where it comes from. Probably catch heat for this thread but I am tired of reading the hatred toward non bay music. Anybody know a message board pertaining to west coast hip hop that has some open minded people whose brain doesn't have a sticky film of ignorance covering it? Peace.
This should be nominated for the gayest post award.

Apr 25, 2002
i think of it like this. i like both coasts but i can relate to the WC rap alot more than i can with EC. West Coast rappers use the same slang as we do and they talk about places i've lived at or been to . east coast rappers use east coast slang and talk about places that i've never seen in my adult years ( i did go to new york when i was young) .

this is another way of saying what i just said
Can you relate to a song from C-BO where he's talking about flossin a lexus or benz with dubs while your at a stoplight in a pinto . i dont think i could . so how am i gonna relate to an east coast cat calling his friends "DUN" and talking about living in the projects in new york when i live in cali call my friends homeboys and live in a nieghborhood . but that doesn't mean that i cant respect his music it just means i have a hard time relating to it.

Apr 25, 2002
As a whole it seems that all styles, wether east, west, north, south are now showing signs of meshing together. ANYthing goes in music today in 2002, and that is why it is a beautiful thing. Its becoming unirversal...just the way music is suppose to be. We got the internet and cd burning capabilities now which exposes all kinds of music to all kinds of people. Also, anyone with a computer program and a keyboard can make some shit for the eardrums. There will always be the wack shit, but the future looks bright when it comes music. Its becoming a musical nation, and can anyone honestly say that one coast's music is not as good as anothers? Look at it like trees: All music has different roots from which it originates, and all music branches off from the roots, but it all still grows from the same soil...it's 2002, yall

Apr 26, 2002
i'm not hatin on tha east coast, i jus don't feel their content. i like tha hard gangsta ish. i admit, jay-z got clever rhymes, i jus can't get wit that watered down ish. i like tha gangsta ish. i can't be wit my niggaz listenin 2 h to tha izzo. there wuz a video that i saw frum a group called crimewave frum ny. they wuz tight. fold.