I love East Coast Rap and here is why.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2002
Main reason is there is so much more of a tradition of bringing quality with each release. You can tell they are more secure in their abilities and always progressing in content and adversity. There are only a handful of westcoast artists that can hang with the east and hate to say it but I live on the west coast and I wish we had more talent here. It seems like most rappers out here are all stuck in the same mindframe and insecure in their abilities. It's as if they are afraid to step out from this haze hovering over west coast rap and actually bring something creative. The really sad thing is they have most of the people on this board brainswashed as well. Writing "Fuck those Eastcoast Bitches", and so on. From an outsider it would appear quite a few of us are jealous of the east coast on here. Just an observation though. What happened to appreciating quality music regardless of where it was recorded at or where the person rapping is from. I mean it is cool to rep your coast, city, or hood, but keep an open mind to the fact other people are doing the same shit we are doing......just in a different place. Go to the message boards pertaining to east coast rap and you don't see any shit like "Fuck the West". Maybe thats why more people are tuned into the east coast rap scene now more than Cali and bay area rap. I mean people on here are always complaining about how the bay gets no credit or exposure and here is why. If you can't give credit where credit is due to others how are they gonna give you credit back. It's gonna take more than the bay area to support bay rap and actually put it on the map. Bottom line--- hip hop music has the underlying potential to be the most creative no matter where it comes from. Probably catch heat for this thread but I am tired of reading the hatred toward non bay music. Anybody know a message board pertaining to west coast hip hop that has some open minded people whose brain doesn't have a sticky film of ignorance covering it? Peace.

Apr 25, 2002
yep. NY is way more talented than the bay. They come with more shit and moe origninal shit, and when I buy an NY product from an artist I know I dont have to worry about recycled tracks and shittypoduction etc.

People like us are just pissed because no one knows artists like Quinn and E-40 and Mac Mall and X Raided and Lynch and Fully Loaded and a few others can bring the same heat or better.

Apr 25, 2002
n
East Coast is tight...but I'm all about the Northern Cali. It's a whole different type, you can't compare to East Coast. I like a select few artists from the East, a couple from Houston, a few from the Mid-West, but for me, there's nothing like San Jo to Sac.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I disagree with the "East Coast" has more talent than the "West Coast". I like more Cali rap than New York. Some East Coast is cool. They make more radio friendly songs. Busta Rhymes and P-Diddy's new song is tight. I don't disrciminate. But you can't say that East Coast rappers have more talent than West Coast rappers because most of the East Coast rappers bite from the West. I mean you got Cam'ron now with a single called "Oh Boy" and then you got Jay-Z ripping Snoop off and then you got Memphis Bleek taking or trying to take Get Low from J.T. and you say they're more talented? Mac Dre, 3 Times Crazy, and E-40 were 4-sheezing it years ago but since Jay-Z ripped them off and made an anthem you got everybody (J.D., Fab, Ja-rule) talking about 4-sheezy this and that. East Coast rappers just get more nation-wide exposure (BET rap city, etc...)

Keep it real mayne!

D

Don Mega

east coast is some sorry bullshit

if u dont like the west coast then get the fuck off this board and suck my big fat 7 inch dizznick , u lil fuckin fags

..........dont foget to swallow ceeyaaaaaaaatch

M

MrFreeze

Don Mega said:
east coast is some sorry bullshit
this is the kinda shit that starts fights. if ya dont like east coast shit just say im not feelin east coast shit you dont have to say all that and tell people to get off the board. everyone has their own opinion and even though i dont feel any of the east coast shit thats been commin out the last few years that doesnt mean it sucks. be cool with people and theyll be cool with you.

May 13, 2002
I appreciate what everybody likes and I can respect everyones opinions. I'm not necessarily saying the east coast is better. In general yeah they arguably are but I know there are some rappers from the bay that could bring way more to the table than they do. And when I say East Coast I am not referring to Jay'z or P-diddy. I'm talking hip hop music and not sellout although Jayz does have some skills. And as far as the biting goes the two coasts are both guilty of that. How can you criticize someone for biting someones style. Look at us and how we talk to eachother and our screen names.........Think that isn't biting? The word biting itself is biting someone elses word or style. To be straight forward I would take it as a complement to have my vocab being spread out in the industry. That just gives you more recognition and hype which is good when you are trying to sell albums.

I

imaboss

Fuck Jay Z , and Puffy . Bad Boy Killa on mines

Puffy is wack. Doing a song with Usher is fag shit.

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Saying either coast is better is a very ignorant generalization. Same goes for regions, states and cities. It's all a matter of taste.

Apr 25, 2002
The eastcoast definitely ain't weak but this post is wack. You don't have to prove nothing to nobody. The westcoast has so much talent you wouldn't know the half I bet. To say the east is better makes you a mothaf*ckin' playa hater!:mad:

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Young Lou said:
To say the east is better makes you a mothaf*ckin' playa hater!:mad:
Would you be saying the same shit if he said the westcoast was better? Doubt it. I wonder why?
:rolleyes:

Apr 25, 2002
I live in Detroit nigga! Why would I say that when BRAND NUBIAN has always been my favorite group and PAC is my favorite rapper and we both know where they from. Get outta here wit yo sucka posts trying to test me.

Apr 25, 2002
EAST COAST=boooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

NAW THERES LIKE MAYBE A HANDFULL OF ARTISTS OUT THERE I APPRECIATE..BUT THAT SHIT DOESNT EVEN BELONG ON THE SAME PAGE AS THE WEST COAST...WE GOT SKILL THEY COULD NEVER ACHIEVE

TKO

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
I like ALL COASTS as long as yo shit is tight...itz all gooood.....Mobb Deep is my fav when it come to the East....so disappointed they went pop on this last album some stupid 112 bullshit.....boooooooooooo!...anyways...west got tight shit....mc eiht still puts it down with dat style.....south....UGK is the shizit!...north got funk daddy and cool nutz...I mean all regions got talent....no need to hate....so much talent out there....but everybody entitled to their own opinion...but to say FUCK EAST COAST is pretty harsh if you ask me...Bay puts it down too..but not all bay stuff is bangin...Im sure it's like that on all coasts...you got yo tight shit and you got yo weak shit....its what keeps things balanced...I suppose...

May 2, 2002
I fill you. I ain't hatin on the eastcoast, cuz sometimes they do come with some tight shit. but nothing compares to the hard shit that comes straight from the yay.

Apr 26, 2002
i just read the topic and a few lines from the begining, but ....here's my opinion.....east coast music is knock...some sucks just like we got some cats out here that suck...but i can listen to a whole jay-z, album, a who;e mobb deep album, a whole nas album, and not really get sick of it due to the fact when alot of them spit , they make you think about....you picture when someone is going into detail about what him/her is doing....i love west coast music to my death and never will i downgrade it .......but the only thing(some artists in general) choose to live a life they don't and you can tell when someone who never has split somenes head open and watched brains go all over the place, those are funny too me. i like detail, when you spend 80-150.00 to get your car done, you paying for detail, the best you can get.....when i spend 15.00 for some shit oveer there i get it.....when i spend 15.00 over here, i rarely get it....but it's all love
I LOVE THE WEST COAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just my opinion

May 3, 2002
In my rap-listening quest, I've come to realize that lyrics are far more important than production. I'd rather listen to Cormega spit knowledge over a shitty, low-quality beat than to listen to some Bay Area cat rap over some tight fuckin' beat talking about how tough he is or how much money he got.
I don't discriminate, though. Being from the West, I still listen and try to support up-and-coming artists, but I have to admit that most of the shit coming out these days (and past year) is plain garbage. What good is a thumpin' beat with someone spittin' something like, "I'm the boss of the Bay, and you know we don't play." How many times has "play" been rhymed with "Bay"? This is part of the reason of why I started looking more in to the East Coast 'cause they use more metaphors, spit funny shit, and use a greater vocabulary.
To end my opinion, yes, I believe the West Coast has a lot of potential rappers (some known, some un-known) who can hold their ground in a lyrical battle with someone from the East. Xzibit and Crooked I are perfect examples.

Sum of my opinion:
West Coast = better production
East Coast = better lyrics

May 7, 2002
GARBAGE

My side or your side yours or mine skill is skill wherever it is found.
Fuck a coast, there are fakes on both halves..... Regardless of location quality is quality and thats what I knock. Ive been ripped off by Cd from both coasts.

Down with this hurt post.........