I lost all my music

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I reformatted my computer and forgot to back up the folder that contained all my samples and sounds... every piece of music I've ever made since 1999 is fucking GONE

does anyone know where I could download some sound libraries to start over from scratch???

May 1, 2003
I reformatted my computer and forgot to back up the folder that contained all my samples and sounds... every piece of music I've ever made since 1999 is fucking GONE

does anyone know where I could download some sound libraries to start over from scratch???

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

I'm pretty sure you can find a "special" version of this app somewhere on the internets. I can't help you with that. Sorry.

May 1, 2003
how would that work?

you'd have to hook up your formatted drive as a slave to another machine and run the program I told you about above. If you don't find that one helpful...just google recovery software. You will still need to slave the drive you want to recover from to a different machine. If you already put a new operating system on it and it is your only drive. It still may work with certain software. Some of the files may be unrecoverable though...if at all. Or may be corrupted. It all depends on the software though. so try different ones. just in case of errors or unrecoverable data.

Jun 17, 2005
I work at a college and have seen many a faculty drop to their knees thinking they had lost all their work....only to find out the IT office can work magic and retrieve some if not all files. Ask around....you still have a chance.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
Yeah, it's not really deleted, now if you have installed hella stuff on that drive that's been formatted, then the new stuff probably took over some of the space belonging to the old files, so that would mean those certain files are now unrecoverable.

As far as sounds, we should get a trading thing going on. Not sure if anyone wants to jump on that thought. I've done it once, it worked out well enough.

Apr 20, 2005

hit up mac west on myspace. He gots like 200 gigs worth of sound effects and sound instruments and shit. Thats all that dude does with his life, is collect as many sounds as he can.

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
I lose more music by losing the actual CD than anything else. I have a RAID setup that automatically mirrors everything on my G5 so if the hard drive fails, I'm all good. Now if I could just hold onto the CD's people give me. lol, anyone else got so many CD's sittin in the studio they can't find shit?!