I just saw this in my mailbox... LoL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
A message to all members of Tech N9ne

Hey Technicians,

It has recently come to our attention that we are at almost 14,000 members on therealtechn9ne.com network! Since our membership has been increasing so rapidly, we thought it might be a good time to review the content rules for this site. We're all about freedom of speech and, for the most part, "anything goes".

However, we WILL NOT tolerate any form of harassment, be it of a sexual nature, depictions of violence, or direct threats of any kind. We also have a broad audience that spans many age groups, including minors. For that reason, we have a ZERO tolerance policy for any images depicting GUNS, DRUGS, NUDITY, or EXPLICIT VIOLENCE.

We will remove any content that we see defying these rules and we will not hesitate to ban repeat offenders from the network.

Other than that, have fun and keep it Strange!

-The Admin

Visit Tech N9ne at: http://therealtechn9ne.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

So you can't post about guns (the dude's name is Tech N9ne, has songs called Gunz Will Bust, had SS on the label), drugs (T9X, Cloudy Eyed Stroll, numerous drinking anthems), nudity (Slither, hundreds of songs about tits) or explicit violence (like throwing broads in the trunk and only feeding them twinkies? Didn't this guy tour and record with numerous Psychopathic guys??)

In summary.... WTF?

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
so they dont wanna see it....but its ok to talk about???

so In theory you can tell someone on there.....'I shoot people with guns' but you get banned if you post a picture of you with a gun

or a picture of just a gun.....

Nov 14, 2002
Posting a pic of a gun and waving one around isn't the same thing at all.

Either way though, the name of the fucking website is THEREALTECHN9NE.COM.

::SMH::

Oct 25, 2006
I just find it really funny how everything BUT file sharing is restricted there (I've only been to the site a few times, not sure if they've changed it since then, but last time I was there there was rampant file sharing in threads). People whine about how bad L.D.S. and Asmodeus are, but hey, at least they do the job. They may overdo it sometimes, but at least it gets done for the most part...

Nov 14, 2002
IMO... repeat... IMO... I think the big reason behind that is Travis doesn't give a fuck about the noise that comes from that site.

They might as well call that site juggalofans.net or some shit.

Here, there are enough newer fans, and older fans here for people like Trav to get a grip on what the fan-base is thinking. It's a better representation of the overall fan-base because there's less nonsense. That's the type of intro email you get if you sign up for a video game website... Video games are rated Kid to Adult Only so it makes sense. A rapper who goes by the name "Tech N9ne"? I dunno.

I'm pretty sure that the biggest reason to send that out and perhaps clean up a little bit would be because Tech is getting a wider fanbase and if parents (especially around the holidays when cd's are selling and your webstore sales are higher than usual) poke around and see tits, ass, guns, etc on the site they won't want to buy shit for their 14 year old daughter...

I assume that email had a lot more to do with selling shirts than saving little kids from objectionable content on the internet.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
and cant these same dumb-ass minors just look up any picture anyway???? who cares if someone posts something (yes i know they can moderate whatever they want) but its not like people cant find ANYTHING thru google.

Nov 14, 2002
I just noticed something else... they "recently noticed" that they were up to 14,000 members? That says something about how much attention they've been paying to that board.

How are you going to just "notice" that you have "14,000" members? I ran a shitty mailing list for free off of yahoo back in the AOL days and I "noticed" every single member that joined.

Mer.