I got my MPD16 and can't take it working with FL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Wold

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
I got my MPD16 and can't get it working with FL

I got my new MPD16 yesterday and i'm in need of some help.

I work to use it with the FPC that is in FL. anything is hocked up and when i hit the pads on the MPD it dose not play that sound for that pad.

dose anyone who what i'm doing word..

PS.. when i load up reason and hit the pads IT WORKS

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Im just wondering why you got this? I aint trying to clown,cause is it responsive when you hit the pads,or a lil delay..even the roland mv8000..i aint feelin how them pads react....I just think If I was makin beats with fruity loops,Id just use a midi keyboard

Wold

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
When i would use the MIDI Keyboard to do my drums it sounded like more of a Delay and that was makeing me go NUTS, so i get the MPD16 and the delay is not bad

(allmost like there isnt a delay at all, or maybe i'm to high to tell lol)

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Wold said:
When i would use the MIDI Keyboard to do my drums it sounded like more of a Delay and that was makeing me go NUTS, so i get the MPD16 and the delay is not bad

(allmost like there isnt a delay at all, or maybe i'm to high to tell lol)
Is it cause you need to change the buffer speed? Its cool though..It fun to hit pads for drums instead of keys..hope it works for ya

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
How is that MPD? I was thinking about getting one since I like my computer programs I use and want pads to rock on but don't want to go through the hassle of learning how to use an MPC plus don't have the coin to get one anyways!

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
yo i got a trigger finger, but i guess u need to know what note each pad corresponds to, just open up a empty channel, like the sample channel, press each pad in numerical order, or in a order ul remember, this well tell you what note each pad hits and, then you can just assign these notes in the fpc, workd for me.

Mar 22, 2004
yeah if you get a delay, probably a buffer setting, or your computer just might be too slow. If that's the only midi connection hooked up , I couldn't imagine you'd have a delay.

Apr 25, 2002
The latency you're experiencing has to do with your audio interface, not MIDI. It's most-likely because your buffer settings arn't right or you're using a consumer-grade (ie: Soundblaster, etc) audio interface that wasn't really designed for what you're using it to do.

Also, unless you're using a 200mhz CPU, that shouldn't be an issue either. I knew someone getting 1.5ms on a 1ghz computer using a Hammerfall interface.