I got JACKED on ebay, Wut can i do?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 26, 2003
sup homies, i need some help, this is the first time since i been using ebay that i got jacked, i bought a game and havent received it, and seller wont answer emails, i paid via paypal, an seller even had insurance required, Can i get my money back thru ebay? if so how? or did i jus get screwed, any help is preciated, holla

May 20, 2002
FILE A CLAIM WITH PAYPAL

ridinwitdabump said:
sup homies, i need some help, this is the first time since i been using ebay that i got jacked, i bought a game and havent received it, and seller wont answer emails, i paid via paypal, an seller even had insurance required, Can i get my money back thru ebay? if so how? or did i jus get screwed, any help is preciated, holla
YOU CAN FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST THE SELLER

Jan 30, 2004
goto paypal's site, hit the "security center" link on the bottom, then go to the "buyer complaint" link and file a claim. he'll need to show a confirmation that you actually got the game and if he doesn't in a week, paypal will get you your money back from his account and maybe put a hold on his account. you have 30 days to file it after the auction ends.

Sep 26, 2003
k, thanks yall, already filed the buyer complaint, i know now to check feedback for sure no matter how many he or she has, this foo had 120 negatives in the last mo an 46 neutral, i dont see how the hell he still got a ebay account

Apr 25, 2002
I got jacked too, the Paypal 30 day rule is retarded, it should be at least 45. I'm out 38 dollars and there really ain't shit I can do about it.

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
I got jacked on Amazon recently... Was gettin this Denver Rap cd for 12.99, same shit really, told me it was goin on surface mail, after amazon told me it was goin airmail, then they said give it a week, that was over a month ago, they changed their email address on me too.

- now i see it go on Ebay for like $8... (slap to the forehead)... ima see how to work that, anyways good luck hope you get some sorta retribution outta that.

Jan 9, 2004
What is the username of the guy who jacked you ridinwitdabump

You can also request contact information, get his phone number, and tell him you will kidnap his first born and his milf wife if he doesn't send out your product. Just kidding. Don't threaten violence, but you can call him. That might help.

Sep 26, 2003
yeah i understand all that, alot of foos bitch an cry over nuttin, but its been 13 days now, an i know it only takes 3 days to get here, an why wont this foo answer my emails? plus i paid for insurance so i dont see the prob if he reall shipped it out which i doubt,

@ warrensburg the foos user id is big-deal-4-u

Jan 9, 2004
I would get his contact info and call him. His neutral and negatives show he just sells too much stuff on ebay and might not answer emails and be a professional seller. Get his contact info, call his ass, and see what he does then. He looks like a real jacker though. I hate those assholes.

Grim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.grim64131.freeservers.com
its only been 13 days? that aint shit for days homie on shipping, even if it is domestic mailing...sometimes shit takes longer. He could of shipped it media mail which can take up to a month in extreme cases...but 13 days aint really all that long, but that is pretty whack he wont answer your emails

Sep 26, 2003
i know from florida to texas only takes 3 days sometimes 2, i can see a week at the most , not 13 days, i tried calling him an the person said he wasnt in to call back monday, i jus want my money back is all

Grim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.grim64131.freeservers.com
well I didnt type what i typed just to hear myself talk, this is coming from someone that has sent off over 3000 packages in the mail.

First off, if you paid on say a Friday, maybe he didnt send till Monday, which is 4 days....or maybe he only ships once a week...there is many factors that can go into play on how long it takes....even if he ships first class, the post office will say 4-10 days most likely on first class....thats no gurantee that it will get there in that amount of time, I have had numerous packages take 2 weeks...I just really think you are over reacting about the whole situation, it aint even been that long.

I hate when people email me asking where a package is after a week or something, if a person wants a cd that fast, go to the store and buy it is what i tell them

this is on the basis of just a normal seller, I didnt look at ole boys feedback, I am sure you have used good judgement to come to the conclusion you got jacked but I just wanted to point out that shipping can be slow and varies from time to time, depending on location, where he dropped it off (inside post office or in a regular mail box)...if he dropped it off at a main post office location or a branch, what time of day, what day of the week, if its a busy time for mail season, etc