I forgot I'm on facebook...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 21, 2005
Facebook Suicide Note Gets Mocked, Turns Out to Be Real...

On Christmas, 42-year-old British charity worker Simone Back posted a Facebook message reading, "‘Took all my pills be dead soon so bye bye every one." 148 comments—many of them mocking her—followed. The next day she was found dead.

Back had more than 1,000 Facebook friends. But not many good ones.

Miss Back posted her final status update at 10.53pm on Christmas Day. At 11pm, one of Miss Back's friends wrote in response: ‘She ODs all the time and she lies.'

An hour later a Facebook user wrote: ‘Did you catch the part about Simone taking pills?? .. the ‘bye bye' part?? Did anyone go by personally and check on Simone.. or call 999?? what's wrong with you people??'

The first friend responded: ‘She does it all the time, takes all of her pills,' adding: ‘She's not a kid anymore.'

Police went to Back's apartment the following afternoon and found her dead body. The suicidal posting has been taken down from her Facebook wall. It's now full of loving remembrances, a bit too late.