Hyphy week starts tommorow on BET

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 6, 2006
BET's Rap City to Air Hyphy Series

BET’s famed Rap City is about to get Hyphy. That’s because BET captured three days of footage chronicling the Bay area's Hyphy movement, and its instrumental figures: E-40, Hieroglyphics and Too Short.

Rap City will air its week-long series beginning next Monday (May 29) at 5 p.m. EST with Too Short, the pioneering Oakland MC known for his sexually explicit lyrics. The series will conclude with a Bay Area Top 10 Countdown.

Hyphy, the frenzied subculture movement, originated in Oakland and received national attention with E-40’s My Ghetto Report Card album.

Rap City’s Hyphy series is scheduled as follows:

Monday 5/29/06 - Too Short: A Day in the Life

Tuesday 5/30/06 - Hyphy: A Subculture of Hip Hop

Wednesday 5/31/06 - E-40: His Second Wind

Thursday 6/01/06 - Hieroglyphics & Davey D: The Past, Present, & Future

Friday 6/02/06 - Bay Area: The Road Map

Saturday 6/03/06 – Bay Area Top 10 Countdown

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
please dont anybody say "TBIB". quit that shit already, that shit sounds homo. but anyway, this shit should be coo.

D

DaSlimReaper

I'm watching it now and so far they aren't even talking about the Bay. They said Dem Franchise Boyz was gonna be on the show, WTF? Did they change their minds or some shit? Btw I have direct TV, so I get to watch it 3 hours earlier, that's how I'm watching it. Only thing Bay related was them playing tell me when to go and DJ Who Kid talking about a Thizzle chain (don't ask), and something about him popping a pizzle or some dumb shit.

May 31, 2005
lol wtf^^^? haha.. well im glad i aint missin nothin cuz i wasnt gonna be home when it comes on anyways, im bout to pick my my giants jacket from kicks

Mar 1, 2004
DaSlimReaper said:
I'm watching it now and so far they aren't even talking about the Bay. They said Dem Franchise Boyz was gonna be on the show, WTF? Did they change their minds or some shit? Btw I have direct TV, so I get to watch it 3 hours earlier, that's how I'm watching it. Only thing Bay related was them playing tell me when to go and DJ Who Kid talking about a Thizzle chain (don't ask), and something about him popping a pizzle or some dumb shit.
That's what im saying...I remember the article bout Hyphy Week being posted up last week, but when I checked my DVR, it didn't say anything bout it. I checked out BET.com, and nothing was mentioned about the Bay