Hyphy Report: New York!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2006
I've been in New York from the Bay for two weeks now. Various places I've been people have been talking about "Hyphy" and "Tell me when to go." Since I've been here, I've become certain why the movement has not caught on yet. IT'S STILL NEW. People out here aren't hating on the Hyphy movement they just don't get it yet. Tell me when to go came on in the culb the other night and people were feeling it, its just that they didn't really know how to go dumb. We need more people fromt the Bay out here spreading the culture. We need to go dumb, pop slang, wear our pants low, and shake them dreads in other regions if its ever gone to catch.

REAL LIFE...

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
yeah... people seem to just be fascinated by it

I was in Mexico a few weeks ago and whenever I would tell people I was from the Bay they would get all excited

we were goin dumb in the club and people would just stare at us lookin hella interested and shit

Feb 8, 2006
Meta4iCAL said:
yeah... people seem to just be fascinated by it

I was in Mexico a few weeks ago and whenever I would tell people I was from the Bay they would get all excited

we were goin dumb in the club and people would just stare at us lookin hella interested and shit
I agree. It almost felt like other people were scared to go dumb, like they were worried that they might do it wrong or something.