How you found out about X-Raided?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 23, 2002
i'm thinkin' about how i first started listening to X.

i just remember one day i was outside and one of my brothers pulled up bumpin' this tape in his cutlass. i didnt know shit about raided back then so i thought it was some eazy-e shit i didnt know about. 'cause the whole time he was there i heard nothin' but back to back hard tracks, kind of like what eazy dropped. i sat in the car and picked up the case and saw 'X-Raided : PsychoActive" and kept listening to the shit and i was hooked. then came lynch wit 24 deep and it was a done deal.

then season came out and i was like "what happened to X ?" and started researching on the shit and gave up hope once i read up on his case. then when xorcist came out it was over, since then everytime some X shit dropped i had to snatch it up. no question.
well, until hollis came on the scene.

how about yall ?

D

Deadly Game

pretty much the same way....when i was about 12 i kicced it wit older mafuccaz already in they late teens and early 20's.....they was bumpin it and being that he was from a Crip hood up the freeway from us we naturally loved his shit.....then lynch came....man this shit bring bacc some coo memories and some shit i'd rather not remember.....Psycho Active and Season of the Siccness did impact and influence a lotta shit we did.....we lived what them tapes was talkin about.....

Apr 18, 2003
i was a young as mutha...an i was kicking it with fam. an my older cuzins was kicking it with they homies, an i wanted to be cool wit them so i chilled. they started knocking xorcist an i was hooked on that. first x song i heard was ''witta mask on''. ever since non stop playing an buying his shit.

Mar 25, 2003
myspace.com
over at my homies pad and he was bumpin xorcist, i started to listen and was like wat up with his voice. homie gave me the info and let me borrow the cd. i sat that night listening to the cd wit my headphones and was amzed on what he was sayin. started pickin his cd's one by one. shit i even got the bootlegged shit on comps

Jun 21, 2002
I heard that shit offa napster. I had listened to so much Pac and Bone Thugs cuz that was the only rap I liked & was looking for some new shit... I heard Wit A Mask On, at the time I didn't know who X was in the song, I liked Chopah's verse the most. Then I looked for more Raided & heard "Who Is Y'all". That shit right there was so fucking exclusive. Then I read up on his murder case & I remember thinking, "it's hard as fuck to think he's not guilty" cuz just imagine listening to Wit A Mask On before reading about the case lol... But then I realized that he was a real good lyricist & that I shouldn't condamn him based on his gift. I became addicted to the weirdness of the lyrics, and the thing I liked about him the most is that he would use some intelligent words in between, I never expected to hear that type of vocab in gangster rap. I liked his mixed of horrorcore & gangsterism. I started looking for his releases here in NY and it sucks cuz NY really has little love for Cali shit. Then one time I was in class & saw this really fine girl (My god she had a fine ass, in fact I think I still have her number), she had that Unforgiven CD. I remembered a classmate of mine who had played some Bone Thugs for her telling me she really loved their sound. I asked her how she liked the album, she said, "it's alright, you can hold it, I don't be listening to it much though". I wanted to be fair so I traded my Bone Thugs album for her X-raided's. She was happy as hell, but I was happier lol. I must've spent half of that night listening to X-raided. Ok now that I'm thinking about it I got a phone call to make.

Sep 23, 2002
yeah all X albums are a must have to me, same wit lynch. i got copies around the crib just incase i get got for the original or i lose one. and most of the time the old shit is hard as hell to find here. after VIM and Initiation i just noticed there was a change needed, X corrected that change. hopefully soon he'll get his due from that shit

thinking about how i first started listening to X music made me pull out psycho active last night. but this is whats in the rack now

May 16, 2002
i was 14 and my mama handed me a tape one of her friends left at her house and she said i could listen to it if i wanted to.
so i was like coo and tha first song that came on was " whatever it took" i was like damn this beat is funny but he choppin(word used to describe someone comin tight {KC Slang})
then i started lettin it play and tha song "mortal combat" came on and i was like damn he choppin for real
and then i fell in Cuzz(cuzz it aint no luv) wit X for tha song "macaframa"
damn that shit fed Cuzz

Sep 23, 2002
NuCClehead LoCC said:
i was like damn this beat is funny but he choppin(word used to describe someone comin tight {KC Slang})
lol.

but i feel you on that shit, those tracks pulled me into Unforgiven too. just like both of the albums that came before that one, i didnt even have to touch the cd, let it play str8 thru. 'misanthrophy' was tight, then came 'unforgiven' and it took me a minute to get passed 'who is yall". then came 'spittin venom' and it got tighter as the track numbers changed.

instant classic !

YOUNGNUTT

I'm so O.C.
Jul 9, 2002
Santa Ana to Long Beach
How you found out about X-Raided?

THE HOMIE FROM ALTA DENA CAME THROUGH AND WAS LIKE NIGGA, LISTEN TO THIS SHIT, I GUARANTEE YOU'LL BE ALL OVER THIS. I WAS HATING BEFORE HE EVEN PLAYED IT. COME TO THINK ABOUT IT, I DON'T KNOW WHO I WAS INTO BEFORE THIS 916 SHIT GOT TO ME. ANYWAYS THE HOMIE PLAYED "WIT A MASK ON" AND EXPLAINED HOW HE WAS RAP'N' OVER THE PHONE, AND THAT SHIT BLEW MY MUTHAFUCC'N' MIND!!!

Apr 25, 2002
I was at a record store in Detroit(hometown)

I think I was 12 years old at the mall with my moms and big brother. We went into the record store and I was just messing around looking through the "tape" section (about 12 years ago!!) and I saw his album and I thought it had to be gangsta rap cuz this nigga had a gun to his head. I was thinking along the lines of NWA. I couldn't believe that my momma bought that for me and I didn't like that tape too much but about 7 years later THE UNFORGIVEN dropped and I've been hooked ever since cuz X RAIDED is one of my favorite artists.

Sep 5, 2003
Oh this a true memory..i was 11 and my homies was listenin ta some foo named X-Raided, and when they told me i was like whateva..cuz i wasnt interested in underground back than, just startin, cuz i was just 11, so i just came home and had nuttin ta do so i went online ta see some of his cds, at first i thought it was X-Raited, cuz i was a lil mutha fucca, and then my homies told me it was X-Raided, so i said let me listen a this X-Raided foo, then after that day on..i was bumpin ta X,went n bought my first X album, Unforgiven Vol. 1, then Vengeance Is Mine, then Psycho Active..n so on, he was the first Undaground rapper I ever listened to, after that, i couldnt stop bumpin ta X, and now im still bumpin ta him.

Sep 23, 2002
^^ yeah, i put a lot of people on X after I heard that Xorcist. i remember the first nigga i let hear that shit, i was bout to put on xorcist and he saw the cover and said

"x-raided? this sound like some gay ass east coast nigga. he probably wack"

i snatched my tape cover back from that fool and just let him hear one track ( liquor niggas and triggas ) and since then he been hooked and act like he been up on that shit from jump. lol

whats funny is he said he said he heard witta mask on before but thought it was lynch. lynch and x got 2 different voices, nothin' alike IMO. :confused:

Apr 18, 2003
Pinche said:

whats funny is he said he said he heard witta mask on before but thought it was lynch. lynch and x got 2 different voices, nothin' alike IMO. :confused:

ya i got a homie that dont know the difference between x, lynch, nutty, bo, an coleone. lol