How will E-40's album do in the first week?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
First week sales definitely don't mean everything, but for the last few years, they are a major indicator of how much buzz a particular artists has, and most albums nowadays never sell more than they do in that first week afterwards.

So with that...how good do you think 40's album is going to do in the first week? To me, any album that has regular mainstream promotion should go 100-200 K, with anything over 200 K being pretty good. Anything with a whole lot of major hype, such as Game, 50 albums, Eminem, Dre, etc. should do 600+. I think 40's got pretty good promotion and hype, but nothing comparable to those that do 600+. I would say anything 150+ is good, and I am expectin around 180 K to 200 K. Anything over 300 K would have me suprised, and anything under 120 would be disappointing to me.

Aug 26, 2005
Umm.... if this album sells anywhere around 100K, I'd be a surprised ass nigga. I don't think 40 is gettin the love nationwide like he's gettin in the Bay. And with the bootlegging, I don't know if people outside the Bay are gonna chance their money on something they're not sure of (Hyphy movement), as opposed to getting it to free.

*Edit* I'm not sure if you mean total sales or first week.... I can see total sales being at 100K, but at first I thought you meant first week, that's why I was thinkin "wtf??"

Nov 1, 2005
i really have no idea... album getting leaked didnt help, but then again everything gets leaked. i have nooo idea, what I WONDER is what bme is expecting this to do, i'm sure they have a target number

Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
Well he is gettin a lot of play around the country, and on MTV2. Even the Jamster commercials prove that the song is hot nationwide, because they ONLY put songs on there that are top 20 songs natiowide and not just locally. And I saw those Jamster commercials in damm Tallahassee Florida, not just the west coast. Also, the commercials for his album have been on BET a lot in the last week or so. L.A. definitely plays the song more than anything else that's on radio.

Most people down south like E-40 anyway, and they were bumpin the hell outta "Rep yo city" even though you could say that was a Lil Jon track. If they know the album is hot, they will be on it. I will say that most east coast people I have met seem to hate E-40 and never understand why we like him, and they hate Keak even more than that.

Jan 17, 2006
thing iz, i doubt it matters if the nation iz loving forty right now....dey iz likin it, dey will buy....but i think the majority of the sells will be in the bay....he may sell 100, 000 in da bay alone, lol

Feb 6, 2006
www.myspace.com
PUT IT LIKE THIS THIS ALBUM IS GETTIN HHEEEEELLLAAAA MORE LOVE THEN HIS LAST ONE HOW MANY DID HIS LAST ONE DO? U DO THA MATH THE SONG IS LOVED NATION WIDE (MINUS WHACK ASS NY) SO I THINK ITLL DO VERY WELL WE GOT SO CAL THA MID WEST AND THE SOUTH ON THIS ONE AND LA IS A GOOD ONE CAUSE THATS A BIG STEP FOR US TO GROW ON THEM LIKE WE HAVE LATELY

Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
LOL...LA has ALWAYS showed love to 40, they just haven't always shown the love for everybody else in the last few years from The Bay, OR from L.A. for that matter. "Tell me when to go" is big in L.A....but the LA stations played "Nah nah nah" "Players Ball" and "I hope I don't go back" a lot more than they played this track.

May 4, 2005
BayBuryYa said:
Umm.... if this album sells anywhere around 100K, I'd be a surprised ass nigga. I don't think 40 is gettin the love nationwide like he's gettin in the Bay. And with the bootlegging, I don't know if people outside the Bay are gonna chance their money on something they're not sure of (Hyphy movement), as opposed to getting it to free.

*Edit* I'm not sure if you mean total sales or first week.... I can see total sales being at 100K, but at first I thought you meant first week, that's why I was thinkin "wtf??"

Homie im in Seattle and this it on KUBE 93.3 ( out biggest hip hop station fuck our only one lol) every hour on the dot damn near and its #5 on the nightly count down... All the DJs in the station are eating it up.. after the song there always rappin " Jesus Christ had dreads so shake em GO DUMB DUMB... " Shits great i never thought i would be able to turn on Kube and hear forty watta

Apr 30, 2003
beatsbythebay.com
His last album soundscanned 40,000 total in the bayarea if cats that are down loading it really buy it will do 115,000 first week nationwide depends on his second single it should sell over 875,000 units

May 7, 2002
The numbers below are the number of Downloads of 40's album on seperate links.. @ 10:19 PM PST

=
1590 D/L's

X $6 an album in profit.. you get

$9540 in Lost Revenue in 2 hours... Thats the power of the Internet vs. the 90's sales..