How to make my production company a real business

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Wold

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
I live in CA and i what to know how i can make my production company a real business.

i need to know were i can get a certificate of incorporation. is there a website?

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I Think if you go to your city hall they have all that types of paperwork including the business licenses,doin business as, and There might be a state corporation paperwork there..That should be your first stop

Apr 25, 2002
State business licenses are obtained thru the Secretary of State. Usually a city business license or permit is required as well. Last, you need to file for a federal tax ID & employer number which is done thru the IRS.

Check out http://www.ss.ca.gov/business/resources.htm for more info.

Also, you probably don't want to incorporate at this time. Something like a LLC or sole proprietorship would be more appropriate. You can read more about the differences at that link or by using google.

Nov 16, 2005
Wold said:
I live in CA and i what to know how i can make my production company a real business.

i need to know were i can get a certificate of incorporation. is there a website?
you obviously have a lot to learn about business...