how to fix a rattling trunk?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Sicc OG
Jan 4, 2004
does anyone know how to make this stop,cuz i dont like how my music sounds when im bumpin it and the trunk is fucking rattlin and shit

Aug 8, 2003
they have this mat they can lay inside, i forget what its called but go to almost any car stereo place and ask about it they'll kno what u mean..sometimz itz the liscence plate also..

Nov 13, 2002
www.70mile.com
you sure your hearing a rattling trunk?...there will always be rattles from a trunk/hatch...im leaning more towards your back deck rattling...mine did that in both my cars, on one i pulled the backseat off the hooks thats connected to the back deck, and the other ride i cut a port in the middle of the seat, so its like a direct bass port towards the front windshield....both will work very well...but if think its the trunk rattling, tighten the trunk/put some dynamat in it...the trunk rattling shouldnt effect the way the bass hits unless your trunk is EXTREMELY loose..thats why im leaning more towards your back deck...what kind of car do you have, that'd give me a better idea on what to tell ya

NASA

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2003
Dynamat is pretty expensive but worth it. I can't stand trunk rattles. I like my bass hitting hard and sounding clean.

Nov 16, 2005
yeahh dynamat goes for around $50-100 depending on how much you need to cover up the trunk. the license plate frame is like $5-10 and it's hella helpful too. the license plate always rattles until i got this, it says 'dynamat, i've got better sound' haha kinda gay, but fuckiin helpful. it'll all add up.. but damn it'll def help eliminate most of the rattling and your bass will sound better and travel further