How the fuck does this shit work...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 13, 2005
How is it that Tech N9ne's Killer is number 12 on the 200 and then it is number 8 on the R&B/Hip-Hop and 6 on the Rap charts BOTH behind Jim Jones' M.O.B. which premiered at number 29 on the 200! How the fuck does that math work... fucking industry...

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
the charts probably take different things into account...

since the early 90's the Top 200 has been strictly Soundscan based. Since a few years ago digital sales are also included.

the albums you you mentioned might also get a bump on the other charts if they have radio airplay from singles on those albums? not sure. I know prior to Soundscan even the main chart was more arbitrary than now (Soundscan is not perfect...does not include many mom & Pop record stores)...they used to have a sample of record stores REPORT what they THOUGHT was selling best in their stores because the scanning technology didn't exist yet. something along those lines anyway...i'd have to dig up some literature I used for my own research.

Jun 13, 2005
the charts probably take different things into account...

since the early 90's the Top 200 has been strictly Soundscan based. Since a few years ago digital sales are also included.

the albums you you mentioned might also get a bump on the other charts if they have radio airplay from singles on those albums? not sure. I know prior to Soundscan even the main chart was more arbitrary than now (Soundscan is not perfect...does not include many mom & Pop record stores)...they used to have a sample of record stores REPORT what they THOUGHT was selling best in their stores because the scanning technology didn't exist yet. something along those lines anyway...i'd have to dig up some literature I used for my own research.
Thanks man, i appreciate the info, i just took it as the industry not trying to even acknowledge the nigga, i love how last week they showed the independent top seller Motley Crue on the front page, but now this week that shit was taken right the fuck off, the industry is a bitch...