how much would you pay for a beat?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 30, 2002
I'm just curious as to how much artists/labels/producers would pay for quality beats. Not just avarage beats; but hard knokin, diverse sounding, booty shakin, make you move type shit.

let me know what yall think...

Bleezal

bsleezy

Bad Muh F*#kah
Dec 15, 2002
www.myspace.com
tru dat^^^

I say when you just starting out and aint got no real acoomplishments and doing beats for artists who are in the same boat as you then ni99a you aint shit so why you charging for beats when you both are just trying to get your name and your rep up ...

Dec 30, 2002
you guys make some good points...

so if i produced and recorded a track with an artist who is established..like lets say..Lazy Bone...would that qualify my beats to the industry pay level?

PHANTOM

Apr 25, 2002
WWW.HITWORKSGRAVY.COM
One person usually doesnt do it, you gotta make sure youre touchin alot of shit cus anyone can have a good day. and point blank, good music is good music. If your beats are tight, then u might be able to get sumpn decent for them, but you'll get more with a resume'.

Phantom

Apr 25, 2002
Bleezal, if the beat you made was for a Lazy Bone album, like he came to you...yeah, you'd be able to raise your prices...actually you can do whatever you want...

there's some heavy hitter producers out there that are really showin me some major fuckin love...

so i'm gonna always fuck with them cats for the rest of my career...

one love to DJ Mark 7, Sean T, C-funk aka Prohoezak, Rhythm X and Jr Deviant...
them cats are gonna have beats on every product i release

Apr 23, 2003
i charge $50 for each beat.

i will arrange it how you like it..

if you want to record at my spot.. i'll tack on another $50 flat.. not hourly..until the song is done..

and that's IF you wanna drive or fly out to vegas where my studios at..

peace.

Apr 4, 2003
webmedia.bcit.ca
I usually make my own or get em free from fellow up and commers!

But if I do have to use cash (if there is a really hot beat that I wanna get) then I put that shit on plastic and I would pay $100 for it.

But it is true that it is the rapper that makes the beat hot, but sometimes if the beatmaker has already established a name for himself then it's the beat that would make the rapper hot!

GOOD TOPIC.FOR ME.I JUST DONT WANT TO GIVE JUST ANY BODY MY BEATS.SOME NIGGAS JUST FUCK UP THE BEAT.THEY WANNA PUT THEY HOMIE ON IT OR THEY DIDNT WRITE IT THE WAY THE BEAT GOES JUST ANYTHING.I GOT 3 DIFFRENT FILES.THE BEATS I HATE(BUT SOMEBODY ELSE MIGHT LIKE IT),THE ONES I KNOW ARE COOL,AND MY 5 STAR BEATS(ALL PLATINUM)I CHARGE ANYWHERE FROM 500 TO 2500

GOOD TOPIC.FOR ME.I JUST DONT WANT TO GIVE JUST ANY BODY MY BEATS.SOME NIGGAS JUST FUCK UP THE BEAT.THEY WANNA PUT THEY HOMIE ON IT OR THEY DIDNT WRITE IT THE WAY THE BEAT GOES JUST ANYTHING.I GOT 3 DIFFRENT FILES.THE BEATS I HATE(BUT SOMEBODY ELSE MIGHT LIKE IT),THE ONES I KNOW ARE COOL,AND MY 5 STAR BEATS(ALL PLATINUM)I CHARGE ANYWHERE FROM 500 TO 2500