How much should this cost?...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 11, 2003
www.soundclick.com
I'm gonna be releasing an underground album called "Souljah Gamez", and I'm gonna be recording it all in my home studio like Wu-Tang did with "Enter The Wu-Tang..."... I'm gonna get the graphics professionally done and get 50 copies professionally pressed...

How much do you think makin an album like this should cost?... and how much do you think I should sell each album for?

Holla

www.soundclick.com/lilmakk

Apr 25, 2002
Lil' Makk said:
I'm gonna be releasing an underground album called "Souljah Gamez", and I'm gonna be recording it all in my home studio like Wu-Tang did with "Enter The Wu-Tang..."... I'm gonna get the graphics professionally done and get 50 copies professionally pressed...

How much do you think makin an album like this should cost?... and how much do you think I should sell each album for?

Holla
@ 50 copies it will cost more than it's worth. You'ld be better off burning 50 CDR's and printing cd labels to stick on them instead.

What you should sell them for depends on what you want to get out of it. Just enough to cover the cost of doing the whole thing (meaning you get paid zero for your time)? Do you actually want to try to make money off this? CD's are generally $12-$18 new. Worry more about the quality of your music than the quality of the fonts on your cover.

Whatever the case, remember...you have to give people a reason they should buy your product, don't just assume they will.

Aug 12, 2002
Because of the high overhead of printing cds (the setup costs), it will probably end up costing you about $3 a piece to print only 50 cds, but it will be much cheaper per unit if you order 500 or more. Like Mr Samos said, if you can get them sold, go for it, but otherwise, I'd proably rethink professional printing. The most important thing is that the music is high quality. Chances are, people won't buy a cd by someone they haven't heard of, even with flashy packaging. But if the packaging looks ghetto, but they know the cd has great music, they won't hesitate to swoop it. That's where your hustle comes in. Get people to hear your music and create the ever mythical *buzz*.

-=bumpus=-