How much does your childhood effect your adult life?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2002
www.karliehustle.com
Well to tell you the truth sergeant, i understand where you are coming from, well except for the very young childhood experience, i'm sorry any children must go through an experience like that.

Luckily i can say, i saved my own little sisters from that experience, by taking the initiative of basically being their mother, except i couldn't pay for everything because i only had a part time job as a tutor, but majority of stuff for them(which wasn't much because of lack of money) was paid by me.

My mom was working full time, WHILE going to college full time, while my dad, as like yours was gone, but with his girlfriend half his age. My mom's boyfriend was a creep and was not allowed in the state of new york because of the extreme restraining order that his ex-wife got on him. Needless to say, i knew he was crazy, and he always was doin creepy shit to me, so i never knew what he was going to do to them.

So yeah, raising yourself definitely makes you an ultra-independent person, and it takes a lot of realization in order to overcome that...

i dunno, like Talus said, you seem to be posting a lot of spiritual questions that i have been going over lately...
Your never too old to live in love, and hey, time is just an illusion anyways, right?
Oh btw i have an awesome article about that, i can send you it if you want, its from an anthropology journal(i actually got the pdf of it)...

well if you ever wanna hit me up, since i really do understand where your comin from on a lot of this shit, then my aim is rekomstop4eva or just pm me or w/e if you want..
thank you for your words. anything you can hit me off with to help balance my perspective or open a new door in my mind would be lovely. thank you much!

Dec 18, 2002
I just turned 22 and realized that I'm losing my temper with people and being very direct and manipulative in how I talk and im realizing I got it from my dad. It ebbs in and out depending on my attitude but what has helped me is to know where I got it from and be very open with some one about it.

It helps me to let some one else know that I do this but I don't want to keep doing this, so hold me to changing.

Nov 20, 2005
Just talk to a stripper for 20 minutes, and youll know if a childhood affects adulthood.
haha seriously.

we're all fucked up one way or another.

therapy doesn't fuckin work.

you already know what the root is, just have to learn from it, and deal with it your own way.

maybe at 30 you are not yet strong enough to face it and deal with it.

dont mind me. i'm probably just talkin out of my ass like usual.

~k.

May 24, 2007
A therapis is a really expensive friend. Basically if your always running from your fears, you'll never live a life of bliss, beause your living a life on your knees.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
If you can't even trust your own blood, how the hell can you trust anyone? I have major trust issues, coming from all different sources, not just my family, but friends and mfkrs that ruined me inside, forever I'm afraid. I don't think there is a way to fix myself, the way I think, the way I feel... all I can do is look back at it, learn a lesson from it, ya live and learn. I've been to numerous psychs and doctors and have been on meds, but none of that seemed to help me. The last visit w/ my psych, she promised she wouldn't tell my dad anything unless she was mandated to, like if I was being abused or something. I told her all about my drug use at the age of 15 and what did that bitch do? She turned around and told my dad everything I had told her. I'll never ever put my trust in another so called professional like that again. I could have sued that bitch, but I was just glad to be done with her.

Your childhood is def an important part of the way you grow up and the person you become. But I say if it damages you in one way or another, only YOU have the power to change yourself and the way you precieve things, that is if you really want to. It takes a lot of strength to do so, but every fall you take, makes you stronger.