How many units did Ya Boy sell?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2005
My homie is tryna tell me that Ya Boy outsold K-Fed.

I'm like... I'm pretty sure that Ya Boy didn't debut on the Billboard 200, cuz it would've been all over this board...

Someone please help me end this dispute... gimme some numbers. What has he moved? First week?

No excuses and reasoning about national exposure, marriage to Britney, etc. etc... just numbers.

Aug 24, 2006
no he didnt...6500 is a lot more than most of your favorite rappers sell overall, let alone their first week... kfed sucks tho... but he got SOME people to support him.. only the big names in the bay sell more than 5k..quinn, keak, mac dre, 40... thas about it. took FAB almost a year to even get to 6500 on Son of a Pimp...which is a great album..just shows the lack of BUYER support in the bay...

Oct 30, 2006
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
hiddengem said:
no he didnt...6500 is a lot more than most of your favorite rappers sell overall, let alone their first week... kfed sucks tho... but he got SOME people to support him.. only the big names in the bay sell more than 5k..quinn, keak, mac dre, 40... thas about it. took FAB almost a year to even get to 6500 on Son of a Pimp...which is a great album..just shows the lack of BUYER support in the bay...
THIS THAT REAL SHIT....ALL YOU DICKRIDIN FAGGAT ASS NO LIFE KIDS WHO BE ON HERE ALL DAY NEEDA READ THIS AND UNDERSTAND IT CUZ ITS TRU BELIEVE IT AND SWALLOW IT.

AND A LOT OF YALL WOULD RATHER GO BUY NIGGAZ SHIT WHO ALREADY RICH LIKE JAY-Z, LIL WAYNE, T.I. AND GO DOWNLOAD ALL OUR SHIT, YALL GOTTA TURN THAT AROUND AND SUPPORT US!

Jan 2, 2003
hiddengem said:
im not sure who sold more...but ur right about buyer support...its unfortunate too cuz thats a big factor why bay artists have a harder time being a strong nationally selling artist....the south is a good example...the local fanbase BLEW up...then rappers were nationwide...

the NOR CAL culture is just different tho at the same time...its as if we dont even want out music too go mainstream...we'll keep it for ourselves...were livin in our own world out here!!...mothafuckas are too high to be thinkin globally!..

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
The Bureau ENT. said:
THIS THAT REAL SHIT....ALL YOU DICKRIDIN FAGGAT ASS NO LIFE KIDS WHO BE ON HERE ALL DAY NEEDA READ THIS AND UNDERSTAND IT CUZ ITS TRU BELIEVE IT AND SWALLOW IT.

AND A LOT OF YALL WOULD RATHER GO BUY NIGGAZ SHIT WHO ALREADY RICH LIKE JAY-Z, LIL WAYNE, T.I. AND GO DOWNLOAD ALL OUR SHIT, YALL GOTTA TURN THAT AROUND AND SUPPORT US!

YEAH SO WE CAN MAKE THEM RICH! Fuck all that, i make myself rich before i start worrying about gettin ANOTHER niggas money up. YEEEEEEEEE

May 9, 2002
You are definately right about buyer support, but a lot of local cats outside of the bay can't just run up in the store and cop a bay album. When I can, I do, but otherwise I'm checkin Ebay cuz 99% of these internet merchant's advertised on here be on some official bullshit.

May 5, 2005
fuckdemsquares said:
YEAH SO WE CAN MAKE THEM RICH! Fuck all that, i make myself rich before i start worrying about gettin ANOTHER niggas money up. YEEEEEEEEE
LOL foreal. Dont nobody owe them anything. Crybaby ass local cats mad they aint getting that Jay Z money. Maybey because Jay Z actually makes good music. I dont owe local artist anymore more than I owe Nas or Jay or anybody I chose to buy. Fuck a region. Its about good music. Period.

Jan 15, 2006
I dont believe getting behind wack music is going to do anything but hurt the bay in the long run.. just SUPPORT GOOD MUSIC.. fuck supporting a nigga or make a nigga rich cuz he from yo backyard what part of the game is that ? with that said if i really like someone shit which is rare nowadays cuz eybody droppin bullshit im coppin.. but im not going to buy bay area cds just to be SUPPORTING.. everybody talking about support the bay and stop downloading but they music be weak as fuck.. you gotta think about it you cant stop downloading but you step your music up.. i havent heard an album from the bay that i could slap all the way through in years.. make good music and the support will come..

May 10, 2002
Y'all some idiots.

None of you poster boys is going to know exactly how much Ya Boy sold because the only info with numbers available to the public is soundscan (I think). Every outlet that sells music isn't tracked by soundscan (ie Mom & Pop shops that cater to indie labels).

Just worry about the music, damn...

post‧er boy [poh-ster boi]

- noun

1. An individual who posts uninformed, trivial, useless information and/or questions on community forums.

Courtesty of the MrPeete Edition Dictionary

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i think alot of bay cats sell more than you think cuz I bet alot of your sales don't get to sound scan when you consider most of the shit is sold at mom and pop shops local internet sites and out the trunk. Not astronomically more but more none the less. Like I hardly ever buy Bay area albums at the warehouse or best buy cuz their selection ain't that great and its like 20 bucks a CD. I only buy mainstream shit at places like that cuz its always on sale and mom and pops usually don't carry that shit anyways

Apr 24, 2006
Not sure about the old numbers, but I know that Ya Boy's new mixtape will outsell both "Rookie of the Year" and Kevin Federlines shit...he has such a big buzz and fanbase right now its crazy...my cousin in New York said people are feeling his shit like hell, all over the east coast...and I know he has a big following now in L.A. Imma get it as soon as it drops!!!

Oct 21, 2003
Not sure about the old numbers, but I know that Ya Boy's new mixtape will outsell both "Rookie of the Year" and Kevin Federlines shit...he has such a big buzz and fanbase right now its crazy...my cousin in New York said people are feeling his shit like hell, all over the east coast...and I know he has a big following now in L.A. Imma get it as soon as it drops!!!
when will his mixtape drop