how does one take constructive criticism?????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
the reason why i asked this is because i want to get some replies then i will direct your attention to a specific thread.

i wont speak about it now because i dont want for anyone to form a biased opinion.

how do you handle criticism or hate and can you discern the two?

what is constructive criticism and what is hate?

if someone tells you "i dont like that part i would have done this" or "i dont like how you mixed that maybe you should lower this" is that hate?????? if someone says "its wack" and offers no other feedback is that constructive criticism?

like i said i want opinions first. after that i will direct you to the thread that i am speaking of.

HERESY

PS everyone who has EVER posted in this forum needs to take a look at the thread when i post the link.

May 2, 2002
I think any criticism that doesn't give a reason to why they feel that way about the beat, would be just straight up criticism. Constructive Criticism is when you can really break it down for the person who created the beat, or at least pick something out here and there and talk about why you feel that way.

Even if it's positive criticism, it's not really constructive if they're not telling you why they like it.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
^ great! so what if the person who is the critic has nothing really to say? where does HATE come in? do you equate HATE with CRITICISM?

like i said i can take both of them without trippin out. some guys cant. i love what i do and if someone who ISNT paying for my work tells me "it sucks" i always do 4 things.

1.remind them that i get PAID for it.

2.i ask that person how they would change it or what they would do.

3.i ask the person to direct me to some material that they have done.

4.i ask them what do they think is tight? as in what types of beats do they like what do they listen to etc etc etc

so my question is when does a persons criticism turn to HATE?

n-e-more respones or opinions?????

heresy

May 10, 2002
The phrase 'hate' has run it's course in my book

As far as critism goes, everyone has an opinion. So if you have a song and you play it to one person and they have a critism about it, I say take it in stride and seek a second opinion, a third opinion, fourth opinion and so on. As an artist you want to see how people are going to react to your art. So you have to be able to take critism. It'll take a while for someone who isn't used to taking critism to get their skin thickened. Especially when it's something YOU as the artist is really feelin. Then someone comes along and says, 'yeah that shit is coo, you coulda did this that and the other to it. But it's coo'. If after a while of doin your thang, you still take critism as 'hate' then you need to look for somethin else to do.

As far as the term 'hate' is concerned, I 'hate' that shit cause it's #1 such a played out term and #2 just an excuse for a mufucka who can't take critism. Everybody wants to feel like they're being hated on it seems cause that makes a mufucka feel like they're somebody. I aint sayin there aint nobody out there blatantly hatin. So if you sense that shit, shake em off and move on. But still take their critism just like you would take someone elses cause there might be some truth in it.