How do you un-tint your car?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 15, 2002
Anybody know if there is a way to take the tint out of the windows of your car? I just got a ticket for having my front windows tinted, but it's a fix-it ticket. So if i get the tint out, I won't have to pay the ticket. Or if somebody knows a place I can get it off for cheap, it would be appreciated.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Pull off the tint itself.
Use a razor blade to remove the tint if it doesn't peel.
Scrape the glue off by using a fresh razor blade and wet it with window cleaner aka Windex. You'll pay the same amount for removal as you will for tint itself when you could do it on your own for about 6 dollars.

Jun 15, 2005
Some crazy motherfuckers down here were trying to charge $10 a window. Imma read that do-it-yerself pge, butif it looks like there's too much opportunity to fuck it up, I'm cool.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
first off, make sure you heat the tint....be it hair dryer or whatever....makes it easier to peal....its basically like removin a decal on ya whip.....a flat razor should work, the kind you cut boxes, cut coke, or whatever

Nov 16, 2006
fillyacup said:
first off, make sure you heat the tint....be it hair dryer or whatever....makes it easier to peal....its basically like removin a decal on ya whip.....a flat razor should work, the kind you cut boxes, cut coke, or whatever
ya or if you dont have nothing to heat it just leaving out in the sun

or put some xtreme hot water in your soap water sprayer and spray it

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
oh, I thought you could have light tints....that sucks.....how much do the tint tickets be? what about for the back & rear, are the presidentials & mirror tints too much?

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
That sucks...California sucks for that shit.

I got...I think it's 10% (???) all around. I have a Navigator, and it came tinted, except for the front windows. Had a friend of mine do it...

I never had to take any off, because it's not illegal here, but the ideas sound good, especially that ''do it yourself'' page.

Good luck.

Apr 25, 2002
them tint laws are weak.. my moms copped a car off the lot with tint.. and that shit's not even allowed in cali.. how the fuck they gonna sell 'em at the dealership like that.

Aug 8, 2004
I'd rather just pay the ticket then having the tint taken off. unless it's like limo tine or sumthin, the chances of you getting busted for that twice are pretty slim. that's a pussy law to enforce.