How do you open a wii and replace the bluetooth module?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
My friend broke his bluetooth module in the Wii and he bought a new bluetooth module to replace it. If he can't fix it, he will need to buy a new Wii. If you know of any good websites on how to open a Wii and replace the module, please answer this question and give us the link. Thanks!

PlayStation Move Video game accessory nintendo wii accessories
Here is the method I use when repairing Nintendo Wii's for my Nintendo Wii repair business.

See what you need to do is go down to the beach and get yourself some sand.

Remove the top cover of the wii and place it to one side. Note: it is important to remove the top cover and not the bottom or else the wrong side of the innards will be exposed.

Take 1/2 cup of sand, and sprinkle a light layer over the major components visible to you, in particular the bluetooth module. Power on the console (with top cover still removed) and liberally apply the remaining sand to the motherboard. This process ensures that any rogue electromagnetic charges are removed from the interior of the console.

Next, take a haidryer and use it to heat the only green coloured chip visible on the inner board, on full heat for a full 10 minutes. If there is no green chip visible to you, it means you have removed the bottom cover of the Wii instead of the top cover.

Let the open console sit for a further 15 minutes without disturbance. Replace the top cover of the console after 15 minutes are up.

Your Nintendo Wii console should now work as expected. Hope this helps.