How do I burn SVCD's???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
nah u don't need DVD discs I know that...But yeah for some reason, my version of Nero won't burn SVCDs either...it wants me to re-encode em which USUALLY results in out of sync with audio/visual...

I'd like an answer too!

Apr 25, 2002
svcds and vcds usually come zip/rar so you just uncompress the files inside them which will be a .bin and .cue file, then you just take cdrwin or nero, or whatever other program can handle those types of files and burn them to a cdr, or cdrw disc, the way to figure out which one you should burn is by going to vcdhelp.com if you plan on playing these on your dvd player, tons of dvd players are listed on that site and chances are your dvd player can play the disc, its just a matter of if it plays on cdr cdrw or both so then it wont really matter, for example my dvd player only does vcds, not svcds (which are higher quality video and sound) and only plays cdrw discs. i was watching gangs of newyork like a week or two ago basicly dvd quality, only catch is its like 3 discs big since cdr/cdrw discs are alot smaller than dvds, 700 megs vs. 4700 megs i think

May 2, 2002
Yea just burn them as bin/cue unless u want to watch them on your computer(havnt been able to watch svcds on mine)

I love this time of the year all new movies are pretty much GREAT quality

I got Two Towers and Catch me if u can in dvd quality, made my day :)

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Of course you burn the bin/cue...that's a given

I'll tell ya what...I just said FUCK re-encoding them. Went to Walmart an bought an APEX DVD player for $55 that plays EVERYTHING INCLUDING SVCD....SVCDs are SO much better...Like Lawz said, I also have 2 Towers & Catch Me If You can on SVCD an the shit is damn near DVD quality. Full surround sound an shit...Don't waste yer time tryin to conver an SVCD to VCD...Just break the few bucks an buy a cheap ass DVD player like I did. You'll thank me later!

Apr 25, 2002
i think with svcds you need some dvd player software to play them like PowerDVD, or some downloadable codec for windows media player, if there is one around