How did you first get into Tech and what was your first T9 album you heard?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 17, 2009
My first album was absolute power. One day I was watching tv and his commercial came on. He was just sitting there in a chair in a plain white room. He said something against the industry and then said to go on his website and download his album for free. So I did. I'll never regret that decision.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
been done a thousand time.

i head "Imma Tell" on musichoice or w/e the music channels used to be called on directv back in like 03. then right around when VT was about to come out i posted on allhiphop forums a lot and people were talkin about how raw tech was and they hooked me up with a d/l link for vintage tech. and after like 5 years hes still my fav rapper.

btw, i miss the old AHH forums :(

May 29, 2009
I was looking for free tunes on yahoo and ran into the absolute power TRT9... I was so confused that the album was free, I thought I accidentally hacked the shit so I downloaded it all and kept up to date since. I got my buddy into him and he found out there was a track called Mitch Bade (very close to his name) so he was psyched to hear it. We found all the old shit, love it all and yup.

May 7, 2008
Anghellic i heard but when AP came out i got hooked..

when AP came out my local cd store(Gold Coast) actually had a booth and t9 posters up..(im in Australia so thats already very rare) and i listened to it..bought it instantly..got hooked instantly..

Sep 12, 2005
on February 2, 2004 I saw Imma tell playing on BET. I was wondering that day if i would find any unbelievable talented rappers on there and I was like oh shit this shit is straight FIRE. So the next day i got my bro to buy Absolute Power because i was 14 at the time, and i could not believe I liked every single song on the album. I did not find out about this forum untill like a year after so I just looked at the website, which back then was very poor.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
bought c-bo and lynch's album ( blocc movement ) first listen through and i heard 187 on a hook and was blown away by the 3rd verse...so i went to "the wherehouse music store" and anghellic just released.....since then ive been hooked

Jun 12, 2007
Bought the Gang Related cd my senior year of highschool (i think, it might've been junior year) which as we all know had Questions. I was pretty much hooked right there, but nobody in Indy sold anything from him. A little while later I was ridin around with a buddy of mine and he was bumpin Sole. Ain't Nobody Fuckin Wit It came on and I was blown away. That's when Napster hit big (haha remember that shit) and I found anything I could. Been in heavy rotation every since

Nov 7, 2006
saw a ad for Absolute Power on the the back of Murder Dog magazine and decided i wanted to check this crazy dude out, when i sampled his cd at the store it sounded kinda good but nothing special considering it was only 30secs. then a week later a friend of mine played anghellic and it was on from there.

Jun 21, 2008
I always went to 7th heaven in Blue Springs to buy my cd's and would always see the calm before the storm but I never bought it cause I didn't even know who he was and never heard anything from him. I bought Sole cd not realizing she was from KC too and when it got to the Tech song and he mentioned KC I put two and two together and immediately got in my bucket and drove up to 7th heaven and bought t.c.b.t.s. and the rest is history...been a huge fan ever since.

Aug 16, 2003
I heard PR2K on the radio on 103.3, then I went looking for the CD. I thought I found it but swooped CBTS on accident. I heard now its on and was like WOW! the Questions came on and I was a believer lol...

Not long after I saw him and RDV at Spirit Fest in KC and was hooked after that. I had some friends that were fans and they hooked me up with some unrelased shit.

I got curios and went online and found the techn9nehq site and when that went offline I kept looking tech forums until I got here years ago.

Jun 29, 2008
Heard Here Comes Tecca Nina (AP) Sophomore 05...slowly got into him more till he was my favorite artist my Jr. Year. Would have been nice to know about him sooner could have saved me from a couple years of mainstream music.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I heard The Anthem, got into Pharoahe Monch, Tech, and Xzibit from then on. I ended up following Tech's music closer than the other two. Pharoahe disappeared from my sights for a while and X lost me after his second album. Here I am.