HOW COME WHEN A NEW ARTIST SOUNDS DIFFERENT.......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 7, 2004
How come when a new artist sounds different than what has been on the radio lately niggas ain't feelin it?
Ok...I think the bay needs to have a bit of a more open mind when it comes to hiphop out here...it is really becoming very anoying that you gotta have all this bay slang in your shit in order for niggas to dig it...imean come on..the radio is again brainwashing the listeners by not playing a more variety of bay hiphop. KMEL's director needs to step it up and not just let a couple of camps run the radio stream. Let me say that I like alot of the shit out here but it's gunna run into a brick wall pretty soon...

Jun 16, 2005
yea down here in sac they only play a few bay artists and only the hyphy shit but i think its fucked up they play bay music down here but no sac music except for the little sunday night show but i think radio stations in sac and the bay should play more northern cali shit

Aug 27, 2003
www.thewritersoven.com
Very good post. I feel you 1,000%. Its like radio dictates to people and in turn the people become machines, eatin up whatever they hear. Its sickening for real man. How many 14 year old kids on myspace got some "thizz" slang in there shit but hadnt even heard of mac dre until 3 months ago..shit makes me sick...lol

thanks for the post. good to see other people with similar opinions!

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Mainstream media plays what the majority want to hear. If you play music that people don't want to hear, you will lose listeners, lose in advertising, and lose money period. Yeah we all like Bay and Sac shit, but we are the minority when it comes to other genres of hip hop and R&B. Business is the bottom line.

Aug 29, 2005
www.RnBeatz.com
correct me if i'm wrong, I think the radio dont even reprisent "the bay". Cuz even when they DO play bay area songs, its from he same 4-5 artists....the radio should look into more bay artists.

Theres plenty of good music out there.

But Likwid is right, its just business (unfortunately).

Apr 7, 2004
as long as they keepplaying the same as bay shit....it's curtains for any other artists that come any different....period. we need not to let this happen any longer. but yeah right...how we gunna stop it. it's a rap. but look...watch how I fool the bay industry. A lil song here 1 time a lil word there but go cop the album and it's another story..1

Sep 26, 2005
Peace yall, I won't waist your time with adjectives to describe the record "Choice Cuts". Instead, I'll give you direction so you can form your own adjectives: www.rceason.com, www.shockg.com/merch/, www.myspace.com/esinchillandkingbeef, www.cdbaby.com/esinchillkingbeef or you can simply ask Balance. The record hits stores Oct.4th (Esinchill and Balance's birthday) We should all give it up for the power of ease: Point, Click, Experience-How about that!!??
And lastly, "Yall gon' be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't like this record if they take the time to listen to it"-Sean Kennedy; Ill Trendz Promotions/Moses Music

Apr 7, 2004
grateful never that....i'll be greatful when jesus comes back. I mean I feel you but everyone on here knows what I am talking about. And also I know being different and wack are not the same thang homie....you know what im talkin bout too...

Aug 27, 2003
www.thewritersoven.com
Likwid said:
Mainstream media plays what the majority want to hear. If you play music that people don't want to hear, you will lose listeners, lose in advertising, and lose money period. Yeah we all like Bay and Sac shit, but we are the minority when it comes to other genres of hip hop and R&B. Business is the bottom line.
LOL. People always say that. How the fuck does "mainstream media" know what people want. Its force fed dog! Its about payola from the top to the bottom, no iffs ands or buts about it. Do they take 100 songs that come out and do a survey for listeners to pick? Hell no! So how do they know what people want. If you play a record 10 times a day on the only fuckin station that plays rap/hiphop.urban music then ofcourse ppl will listen!

Jun 13, 2002
cipherminds said:
LOL. People always say that. How the fuck does "mainstream media" know what people want. Its force fed dog! Its about payola from the top to the bottom, no iffs ands or buts about it. Do they take 100 songs that come out and do a survey for listeners to pick? Hell no! So how do they know what people want. If you play a record 10 times a day on the only fuckin station that plays rap/hiphop.urban music then ofcourse ppl will listen!
very true

May 11, 2005
yo hold on hard work outlast all that shit.. u have to be patient and be everywhere everyday leave your block your neighborhood and get out there become famous. don't just be dope everyone has someone that thinks they r dope.. You r surposed to be dope.... me and my people have not always been on radio. it was not some magic slide we jumped on. we hit blocks, neighborhoods, and schools. Basicly everywhere there were people no matter what..

thats what i have to say on my side..
there r a lot of other options then just KMEL and WILD 94.9
do the research and the work and before u know it u r there..then the problem becomes staying there