How A Web Design Goes Straight to Hell!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 16, 2007
www.baycentrik.com
Haha this is on point. This is why I always ask people I'm designing a site for if they already have a concept or vision before I start. & Give exampes of existing sites they want their's to look like. Then when I whip something up they cant complain. After all you are the artist/designer, it's your job to visualize something and make it happen.

i learned my lesson after spending hours designing something that in my mind was finished product and presentable...only to have to scrap it or change it completely. Let them know that any major changes are gonna cost more $ if they put the design in your hands completely and didnt tell you they had concepts or ideas before you started.

thebrain

@HuseyinTheBrain
Feb 16, 2008
Sacramento, CA
www.BrainChildMedia.com
Haha this is on point. This is why I always ask people I'm designing a site for if they already have a concept or vision before I start. & Give exampes of existing sites they want their's to look like. Then when I whip something up they cant complain. After all you are the artist/designer, it's your job to visualize something and make it happen.

i learned my lesson after spending hours designing something that in my mind was finished product and presentable...only to have to scrap it or change it completely. Let them know that any major changes are gonna cost more $ if they put the design in your hands completely and didnt tell you they had concepts or ideas before you started.
those are good tips... but some clients suck... i call them D clients or F clients... they always complain and want changes/updates immediately... "it's good but, blah blah blah complain complain complain"... that is why i recommend charging an extra 10% in the beginning. that is what i do for videos as well. i charge an extra 10% for extra costs and what i call the "complaining process"... or what the original post refers to as "minor changes"

great thread tho. love the cartoon

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
for everybody who could relate to that comic, you might also appreciate this site: http://clientsfromhell.tumblr.com

it's updated all the time with different designer's horror stories about bad clients... and sadly most of the stories are all too easy to relate to...

Aug 29, 2006
www.teambrinkz.com
shit is hilarious, and I just got finished with a client that did this exact shit.....

and what about the ever so famous............ after hours of back & forth dialogue about how to fix the website they say, "Awww Nevermind, Give Me The First One You Designed It Was The Best One"