HONESTLY, I CONSIDER MYSELF A LEVEL HEADED PERSON AND ALL BUT...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
SOMETHING SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO BE DONE TO PREVENT PUFF DADDY AND BAD BOY FROM BEING ALLOWED IN CALIFORNIA. EVEN IF THEY WERENT INVOLVED THEY KNEW. FUCK THAT SHIT. THATS BULLSHIT.

SOMETHING SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO BE DONE TO PREVENT DEF JAM AND ALL THESE MONOPOLIES FROM RUNNING THE MUSIC INDUSTRY. ITS TIME FOR OUR DJS AND OUR MCS TO START PLAYING MUSIC FOR OUR PEOPLE, RAPPERS LIKE MAC MALL AND YUKMOUTH AND QUINN ARE PUTTING OUT MATERIAL 10X BETTER THAN MURDER INC...

SOMETHING SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO BE DONE TO STOP THIS BULLSHIT BEEF WITH DMX AND JA RULE. CAN SOMEONE SAY RECORD SALES.

SOMETHING SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO BE DONE TO CALIFORNIA RAP FANS AND FOLKS FROM DOWN SOUTH, THEY NEED TO START REALIZING THAT WC, MACK 10, SAN QUINN, YUKMOUTH, MAC MALL, E-40, KURUPT, NICKATINA, AND TONS OF OTHER CATS GOT FLOWS.

***POST INSPIRED BY 2PAC SHOOTING POSTS***

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

nothing really needs to be done to california fans
the radio just needs to stop bullshittin' and play more local shit
that'lle get em more exposed to what's really goin on around these nekc of the woods

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
What fantasy world do you live in? The shit will never happen. Somebody will always be in control. Right now it's east coast labels/artists who are running shit. The west coast will not run shit until they step up. In the early to mid-90's Deathrow had a lot of success without selling out or comprimising their artistic vision. Nobody should be banned from any coast, that's just dumb shit.

Apr 25, 2002
As far as the East coast running the industry it has nothing to do with westcoast artists stepping up. That should be obvious to everyone here because a lot of artists are putting out good shit here. Its because they have monopolized the game. They are in with the radio stations. CNN even showed a report that major artists PAY to play on radio stations, not just in rap but in every genre.

And people being banned...of course its not gonna happen. I meant it as more of a statement. Westcoast artists should let it be known that they dont want fake ass bitches like Puff in their towns. They don't have to issue a Shoot on Site or anything like that.

May 5, 2002
The West don't even run its own damn side. thats sad. How bout that eastcoast shit get play there, and our shit gets played here. Your right they got a monopoly over this whole shit. I turn on the radio and will be suprised if I hear a bay artist, AND I LIVE IN THE BAY. Its bullshit.....

Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
PEOPLE IN THE BAY IS BROKE.... AND YAEH, IT COST MONEY TO GET COMMERCIALS AND RADIO PLAY... THE STATIONS HAVE PROMOTIONAL PACKAGE DEALS FOR ARTIST.... IF YOU CANT AFFORD THEM, YOU WONT GET RADIO PLAY.... WE CANT AFFORD THEM AT THIS TIME, THUS VERY LITTLE RADIO PLAY..... PEOPLE LIKE PUFFY, MASTER P, JAY-Z, MURDER INC, THAY GOT BREAD TO GET PROMOTED ANYWHERE THEY WANT AT ANY TIME.... ITS NOT A MONOPOLY, ITS WHO GOT MONEY AND WHO DONT!!! KMEL IS A BUSSINESS, AND 94.9, AND THEY NEED TO MAKE MONEY, AND PAY BILLS... ETC.... WHY WOULD THEY DO SOMETHIN FOR THE BAY FOR FREE, WHEN P. DIDDY OR UNIVERSAL, OR SONY MIGHT BREAK THEM 50-60 GZ FOR A PROMOTIONAL PACKAGE??? IF YOU RUN A BUSSINESS AND DONT GET PAID, THEN YOU WONT BE RUNNING A BUSSINESS LONG... SO I CANT HATE THE RADIO.

Apr 25, 2002
Come on, all this shit is ridiculous...

If a label has money, their shit is gonna get on the air.

If the shit is on the air, people are gonna hear it.

If people hear it, they're gonna buy it and go to their concerts.

That's it. I don't know why anyone hates on East Coast artists for doing their thing... Or why people hate on radio stations who don't play Bay Area shit... KMEL and them are just running their businesses the way they see fit, it's not their responsibility to play Bay shit, and it's not their responsibility to give Bay shit a chance just cuz they're local.

It's not worth getting mad about or trying to boycott shit over, just wait and hope that someday a Bay artist/label will be able to blow up like other areas. If they never do, be happy that you're fortunate enough to have been exposed to this music that everyone else is missing out on.