HOMEBOY LOCKED UP 4 SHOOTING A RIVAL....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 1, 2004
Suspected gang member arrested in Willow Glen slaying

VICTIM, 23, WAS TRYING TO LEAVE THE LIFE, POLICE SAY

By Chuck Carroll

Mercury News

A 16-year-old suspected gang member was arrested Tuesday and booked into Juvenile Hall, suspected of shooting to death a Willow Glen man who police said was trying hard to leave the gang life.

San Jose police spokesman Steve Dixon said 23-year-old Cesar Sanchez Ivan was shot several times in front of his own house on the 600 block of Willow Street at about 8:24 p.m. Monday after a confrontation with a group of six to eight young men. Police had kept the victim's identity secret until today.

The name of the 16-year-old juvenile suspect, a San Jose resident, was withheld because of his age.

Dixon said ``good cooperation'' from witnesses enabled investigators to identify the gunman.

Ivan, Dixon said, ``was struggling very hard to get out of the gang life. Of course, we hear that all the time, but the detective said in this case it's true. He used to belong to a gang on the East Side and he moved away to get away from all that, but it still caught up to him.''

He said a bunch of young men walking down Willow Street near Spencer spotted the victim in front of his house. The youth believed to be the gunman started yelling gang slogans at him. Dixon said whatever the victim yelled back was provocative enough to spark the shooting.

``We've got a 16-year-old gang member who wanted to show how tough he was in front of all the others, and he shot him,'' Dixon said.

After homicide detectives identified the primary suspect, the police department's uniformed Violent Crime Enforcement Team stopped a car on the 300 block of Josefa Street, not far from where the shooting occurred, and arrested the 16-year-old. Also in the car were at least two other suspected Norteño gang members.

Dixon said police are looking for additional suspects. The alleged gunman is scheduled for arraignment today, he said.

Tuesday's arrest marked the second time in less than a week that San Jose police booked a juvenile suspect on investigation of murder. A 17-year-old San Jose youth was arrested earlier this week in connection with the fatal street shooting of 20-year-old San Jose resident Ernesto Jaimes on the 1400 block of Clemence Avenue.

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
LIL_SHARKY said:
Ivan, Dixon said, ``was struggling very hard to get out of the gang life. Of course, we hear that all the time, but the detective said in this case it's true. He used to belong to a gang on the East Side and he moved away to get away from all that, but it still caught up to him.''
so he moved from east san jose to willow glen.

and just how far apart are these 2 places from each other? can somebody from the south bay answer that for me? if what i'm assuming (that these 2 locations are within 5 miles of each other) is correct, then apparently he wasn't trying very hard to leave the life.

my 1/50ths of a dollar.

Apr 25, 2002
^^ they aint too far away but they are completely diff areas....and i mean..at least he made an attempt to move..the youngster was trippin..im sick of hearin bout shit like this..fools tryin to prove themself with one action..IMO it takes years of smarts and witt to gain respect..not just pullin out a gun and killin someone..but hey thats just my opinion..

Feb 1, 2004
SOAK::GAME said:
so he moved from east san jose to willow glen.

and just how far apart are these 2 places from each other? can somebody from the south bay answer that for me? if what i'm assuming (that these 2 locations are within 5 miles of each other) is correct, then apparently he wasn't trying very hard to leave the life.

my 1/50ths of a dollar.

ITS NOT FAR HOMIE EAST AND WILLOW GLEN WILLOW GLEN WOULD BE THE WEST SIDE. BUT ITS CALLED WILLOW GELN BECAUSE ITS MOSTLY LIKE A LIL WHITE NEIGHBORHOOD U KNOW LIKE MIDDLE CALSS PEOPLE FANCY LIL HOUSES....ITS ONLY SEPERATED BY A TRAIN TRACK AND A STREET NAMED VIRGINIA WHICH IS WHERE VHS VARRIO HORSE SHOE SET IS AT. ITS RIGHT ON THE GHETTO SIDE OF THE BORDER BORDER FROM WILLOW GLEN U KNOW WILLOW GLEN IS MORE PROTECTED VERY LESS CRIME HAPPENS THEIR. U SEE THE NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH SIGNS ALL OVER THEIR WINDOWS. AND DOORS...U KNOW WHAT I MEAN.....WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IS IF THEY WERE LIKE EIGHT DEEP HOW COME THEY HAD 2 USE A STRAP ON ONE MAN SOLO....THEY COULD OF JUST BEAT THE FUCK OUT OF HIM.....SPECIALLY IN PLAIN DAY LIGHT....SOLDIER IS NOW DOING LIFE 4 USING A STRAP....U KNOW U USE A STRAP WHEN U REALLY HAVE 2. AND U SURE U AINT GONNA GET CAUGHT UP IT WAS A DUMB CHOICE WERE JUST LOSING SOLDIERS 4 SOMETHING THAT COULD OF BEEN HANDLED DIFFERENT SPECIALLY WHEN U R 8 DEEP AND COME ON NOW UDSING A STRAP ON A WHITE NEIGHBORHOOD IN PLAIN DAYLIGHT WHEN THE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD IS WALKING THEIR DOG.........ANY MUTHAFUCKA EVEN THE FAKEST MUTHAFUCKA CAN ACT HARD AND WALK HARD WHEN THEY HAVE A STRAP....I MEAN ANYBODY CAN PULL THE TRIGGER WITH A STRAP IN THEIR HANDS....U KNOW. RESPECT COMES IN DIFFERENT WAYS I COULD UNDERSTAND THE HOMIE USING A STRAP BUT NOT UNDER THIS CIRCUMSTANCE....

C

CCCUser925

you gain respect on by who you are and how you act....I don't let the homeboys tell me what to do...i've always been my own man...just cuz you a homeboy...you dont have nothing to prove to the other homies..respect its given on how you handle yourself.....me entienden?

Mar 11, 2004
u kno how u all sayin bout respect from the homeboyZ n shit...well here in corco we known for our OG VETERANO influences. n we handle ours fist to fist...no straps unless ABSOLUTELY necessary or ur considered less respected cuz like a few of u said...HOW HARD IS IT TO PULL A TRIGGA? any 1 can..it takes prolly 1/2 a second to think and do it...but beatin sum1 down thats where u gotta actually b down to do it..and u get respect that way