heres a pic i found of my baby turtles

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
my oldest brother is into fish he has a fish tank of african cichalids.as for why i bought turtles.we were in chinatown and they were selling them.they just caught our eye.it costs 6 bucks to buy them.we spent over 50 yesterday for a tank,rocks,water heater and food.today we will buy more stuff a water filter and heat lamp.

by the way i finally seen them eat.this lady at petco gave us live meal worms.i opened the package and only saw sawdust.this afternoon i opened it again and saw live meal worms,so i put them in the tank and they got tore up.those turtles chomped em down.so now i know i bought this equipment for a good reason and that they will live.

Apr 25, 2002
I used to have a painted turle a few years ago, they are cool pets to have. I like seeing them eat feeder fish when the are older, its cool to see them chase them around the tank. How big is the tank you are keeping them in? I like cichilads, I have an oscar and pike and also a big albino channel cat. Fish are a cool hobby, but it can be expensive if you are into fish that need a big tank.

Apr 25, 2002
bruce my tank is only 20 liters but it's big enough for them (turtles).very spacious right now.

we used to have an oscar too it was very social and curious.i kinda miss em.as for the fish tank i don't know but it's a medium sized tank kinda big.

miskonspicous.

you won't prolly want one when you end up buying a lil over a hundred for proper enviorment like tank,water heater,water filter,rocks and correct lighting.

right now all we need is the correct lighting which is getting to be a bitch to find compatible bulbs to fixtures.

i bet everyone we saw in chinatown with the lil plastic containers of baby turtles will prolly have them die cause all they want to do is get out all day long.plust the food they sold us they don't even eat till they are grown.

these things can grow up to 12 inches and need ALOT of room and the equipment stated above.

Apr 25, 2002
Ive had turtles probably my whole life, the turtle wont ever grow too big for the tank. But once you move him to a bigger area he will grow. We had turtles in a tank for years and they stayed the same size, as soon as we moved them to an outside pond, they got big fast.