HELP - UK hiphop DJ Swing live - DONOR NEEDED

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 2, 2005
Most of you won't be aware of the situation facing Dj Swing, ex-member of The Boogie Bunch. He is a UK hiphop DJ and personality who has leukemia; there was a mainstream TV documentary in Britain about the search for a bone marrow donor who matches 100%. Unfortuntaly, so far, there hasnt been a match...

DJ SWING has 10 days from today (October 9th) to find a donor, or the operation to save his life CANNOT happen, as he will be passed the point of no return.

We know there have been many emails about Swing's plight, and those in the London U.K area may hear a new radio ad from his friends appealing for people to have a blood test in the search for that elusive match. British Football clubs, radio, TV are all helping to find a match.

Anyone in the world can go into a hospital and ask to give a blood test, and tell the doctor they need the results relating to bone marrow to be put on the national database urgently. Phone your hospital first to ensure they do it - some don't.

Swing's doctors are checking the database daily, so nothing will be missed. If there's a match, theyll see it, and they can get in touch via the hospital where the blood test happened.

This is the last chance for someone who not only gave a lot to uk hiphop, but who is universally acknowledged to be a really good guy.

All we're asking is; can you help put the word around, whether u have a newsletter, site forum, ANYTHING to help.

The donor needs to be black or of mixed raced origin for there to be a chance of a match. DJ Swing is black, and there is a world shortage of black / minority donors, meaning that many people are in Swing's unfortunate postion. . Please help... / if you are not a match for Swing, you will help another person who needs the donor.

10 days folks...

Thankyou

www.15mins2savealife.com

Oct 10, 2003
damn i sure do hope they find it in time,if i wasnt white i would go to the hospital tonight get the tests right,but now i'll just spread the world,my thoughts do go out to the man tho

Oct 17, 2003
siccknight said:
damn i sure do hope they find it in time,if i wasnt white i would go to the hospital tonight get the tests right,but now i'll just spread the world,my thoughts do go out to the man tho
well many others have the sad story to, might not be a hip hop head but they still need it..... i'm sure it will be fun to have a giant needle stuck in your back too.