Helicopter crash in fremont..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 21, 2007
last night while i was at work, way off in the distance, i seen a helicopter get caught up in some wires over off of 680 and when it hit the ground there was a loud ass explosion.. it was more of a muffled "thud" from where i was but i heard it from all the way over where i was standing so it must have been hella loud.. I work in sunol, and it was like 5 or 6 miles away towards fremont and i happen to just be looking in that general area with some binoculars, hopin to see some fireworks let off since it was jus a lil after midnight... I can't find anything in the news about it tho..

R.I.P to whoever was flyin cuz i kno for damn sure they couldn't have survived that..

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/04/BA3N11K66A.DTL&tsp=1

Two men die in Alameda County helicopter crash

Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer

Friday, July 4, 2008

(07-04) 06:39 PDT FREMONT -- Two men died in an overnight helicopter crash in Alameda County that sparked a 10-acre grass fire, authorities said.

The helicopter, a two-seater Schweizer 269C, crashed into power lines near Sheridan Road and Interstate 680 between Fremont and Sunol at about 12:30 a.m., authorities said.

The helicopter caught on fire after the crash, causing a fire that burned about 10 acres of grass and vegetation near the shoulder of the freeway.

Two men in the helicopter were pronounced dead at the scene. They will have to be identified through dental records, according to the Alameda County coroner's office.

The cause of the crash will be investigated by the National Transportation Safety Board. It was not immediately known whether the pilot failed to see the power lines or if weather was a factor. There was low visibility at the time, authorities said.

The helicopter was built in 1995 and was owned by Quadrus Inc. In 1998, a one-inch crack was found in part of the helicopter's assembly, according to an online safety database maintained by the Federal Aviation Administration.

Deputy Chief Larry Anderson of the Fremont Fire Department was driving southbound on the freeway when he saw the helicopter flying "very low and very slow" overhead.

Anderson said he was concerned that the helicopter was having mechanical problems and prepared to block the freeway in the event it had to make an emergency landing.

But as the helicopter passed over him, the engine sounds seemed to be normal, Anderson said.

The helicopter continued up toward the Sunol Grade but then hit 60,000-volt power transmission lines, which "instantly created a blinding flash," Anderson said.

About 20 years ago, a NASA helicopter hit power lines in the same area and crashed, Anderson said.

Jun 8, 2004
www.myspace.com
My friend used to work in a morgue/ funeral home, and he had to pick up a helicopter crash victim. He said dude was burned black with his arms out in front of him like he was trying to brace himself for the crash.. lol

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
I hope the kid pays his lesson bill, it would be fucked if the instructors family got burned.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
I hope the kid pays his lesson bill, it would be fucked if the instructors family got burned.

Nov 21, 2007
My friend used to work in a morgue/ funeral home, and he had to pick up a helicopter crash victim. He said dude was burned black with his arms out in front of him like he was trying to brace himself for the crash.. lol
i used to work in one too, never picked up anybody burnt, but they told me if we did, that when the muscle is burnt it contracts, in a sort of fetal postion..

damn those power lines were 60,000 volts..

Mar 13, 2003
heard about that this morning.....From what i was told they were flying toward the little airport by eastridge mall....R.I.P.

Jan 5, 2006
it hurts like shit but it probably wont kill you lol.. i think you dont start to feel it til after 30-40 volts.

Those guys who weld the bridges and shit in water got it all bad lol.