HBO BOXING GATTI/DORIN AND BOJADO/LEIJA

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 25, 2003
yea i think trinidad gonna take mayorga out or at least do him on points, either way i reckon tito gonna win that fight. gatti looked impressive the other night. amazing how fresh he looks considering how many wars he's been in. i had to wait til sunday night to see a recording of the fight but it was well worth it. ain't no way in the world dorin could have got back up from that. that was a peach of a shot. but if gatti winds up fighting mayweather now that's a different story. be a tremendous fight that i would love to see happen but i can see little floyd doing a pro job on gatti and winning that fight pretty comfortably. pound for pound i put mayweather at the top right now, he in another league from most other fighters

Oct 19, 2002
Gatti was just startin to get warmed up, ready to start throwin em like he usually does before he hit Dorin with that vicious body shot, good shit either way, i look forward to him meeting with Mayweather soon.

As for Tito versus Mayorga... If Tito was gonna win, he would win in the same bitchmade way that Spinks did...he better trade blows with Mayorga or his ass is gonna get boo'ed after all the hype surrounding this fight. And on another point, he's comin into this fight with ring rust, we'll see how he wears it. I'm tellin you guys, Mayorga is IT, he's gonna eat Tito for lunch!

FYI Both fighters have bet $100,000 on themselves against eachother. Should be interesting.

Jun 16, 2004
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet, tito is definetly gonna lock horns, and i think mayorga is looking at his first knockout loss of his career, and supposedly vernon forrest wants to see the winner of this fight, or the winner of the wright and mosely fight but i dont know why he would wanna see mayorga (if he does win which i dont see happening) he got his ass layed out the first time, and second time around he got dealt with, but it was a good fight, but there's another fighter with ring rust, but whoever he decides to fight should be good, he's probably looking to fight trinidad or wright, cause i know fo sure he doesn't want any part of mayorga, and there's no point in him fighting mosely for a third time when he already put hands on him, but that's later in the future

Oct 19, 2002
Heres a press conference report for Mayorga-Trinidad from espn.com

MIAMI -- Macho posturing between Felix Trinidad and Ricardo Mayorga began when their fight was announced two months ago and it didn't let up at a joint news conference Monday afternoon. Mayorga, wearing a business suit and ready with a glove, dared Trinidad to hit him. Trinidad wouldn't bite but responded with fiery talk of inflictin

"This is not the place to fight you, besides it is not legal," Trinidad said. "But the advice I'm going to give your corner is to make sure they step inside the ring as soon as possible when we do fight. You are going to get one bad beating and they should help you from avoiding additional harm."

Their fight Oct. 2 in New York will be the first fight after a two-year retirement for the 31-year-old Trinidad, a former welterweight, junior-middleweight and middleweight champion.

Despite a successfully managed career by his father and trainer, Felix Sr., resulting in 40 consecutive victories until a 12th-round knockout loss to Bernard Hopkins in Sept. 2001, Trinidad defied the plans of most top fighters who return after a lengthy absence. Instead of a string of tuneup bouts, Trinidad (41-1, 34 KOs) opted for the bombastic yet dangerous Mayorga (27-4-1, 23 KOs) for his return fight.

"We wanted a big fight right away," Trinidad said. "I've always taken care of myself and I've been used to the tough fights. There was no reason to start with a softer fight.

"I hope he goes through with his promise of sticking out his chin in the first round of our fight. He has not been hit by someone with my power."

Mayorga, a former welterweight champion with consecutive victories over Vernon Forrest last year, is seeking to recapture his form at a higher weight class after losing a close decision to Cory Spinks in a welterweight title unification fight last December. As a result, Mayorga has followed Trinidad to the 160-pound middleweight class.

"I'm going to make this not only the strongest fight of my life but the best fight of my career," Mayorga said. "They think I am the piece of trash they can handle. I'm going to prove Tito wrong. I'm going to retire him a second time."

The winner of the bout at Madison Square Garden could be in line for attractive possibilities. The most appealing match would be against the winner of the Hopkins-Oscar De La Hoya middleweight title fight Sept. 18 in Las Vegas.

"My promoter, Don King, knows the only reason I came back was for the big fights," said Trinidad, who couldn't secure a rematch with Hopkins before leaving the sport in July 2002.g punishment when they fight.