have you had the 360's red rings

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
just received mine on my elite this morning....i turned it on...about 10 seconds later 3 flashing red rings....awesome.....thanks microsoft

the question is...how many have had this and how many have bought another....and possibly another

my 360 gave me no warning it was about to go...it just went....on one day 3 days later i go to use it ( this morning ) it booted to the logo splash screen and then went blank...no error codes nothing...so i turned it off and back on.....and then black screen no green lights lit up on the console just the middle and the 3 red lights

not to thrilled....do i fix it, do i say fuck it...do i buy the new slim one

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
try fixing it. there are a bunch of tutorials on youtube

but before you do that go get yourself some sand

or sell it

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
If you've had it less than three years, call Microsoft. Hell if you've had it more than three years you still should give them a call, they might work with you.

You could also go to Xbox.com and fill out the service repair page they have. It definitely beats calling in.

I've had lots of problems with my Xbox(es) but only paid for one. MS has taken great care of me.

Red ringed, called, sent it in (no charge). Got it back and it wasn't fully functional (had random lines, shapes, colors, etc on the screen after about 15 minutes). Called, sent it in, got it back with same problem. Called, demanded a replacement, sent it in, they sent me a refurb that lasted awhile. That one got E74 I believe. Filled out the service order online, sent it in, got back another refurb and this one has been going strong since (couple years now I think...knock on wood).

Throughout all of my problems, I was never charged for them to fix or replace it. I didn't have to pay shipping of any kind. Various times I was given compensatory items which include Project Gotham Racing 3, Quick Charge Kit, Wireless Controller and a month of Xbox Live.

It was a huge inconvenience not having my console for such long periods of time, but at least they took care of me.

May 4, 2002
I got the red ring 90 days after I bought it. Couldn't return it to walmart, had problems with their warranty. Called Microsoft sent it in and they sent me a refurb. It e74 but fix it myself.

Dealing with ms was so easy.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
I have gone through 6 consoles altogether. I bought my first one around 06, it red ringed, MS fixed it no problem, my girl's 360 died shortly after that, MS fixed it no problem.

Eventually we ended up going to Best Buy to buy an arcade system, and we got their warranty. Now when the console breaks down, we just take it in with the warranty and get a new system, no questions asked.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I got it twice, received a new one 2 weeks later, the 1st refurb lasted about a year, this one is still cool.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
once i got red rings, got my users manual, went to the part about red rings, it told me to reconnect certain wires, i did that, and the red rings were gone

that was one of the only situations where i got it

ive had my shit for about 2 years now without any problems but i rarely if ever move the actual console, its horizontal, and its covered by something that wont have hella dust settling in it

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
when i got red rings i just turned it off and turned it back on again and it worked

Dec 9, 2005
I've had it happen 6 times from 2005-2008. My current XBOX has been a fucking gladiator though, and hasn't had it. *knock on wood*

I never dealt with Microsoft before, I just sold the broken XBOX's and bought a new one, like an idiot. Then just bought the extended warranty through Game Crazy, and had it replaced through them the last 2 times. :dead:

Jul 9, 2007
Mine never has red ringed but I have read that they have had over 50% failure rate on the models made up till like 1 year ago. That's just bad business.

Feb 12, 2006
www.chibangin.com
I got the red rings before but shut it off instantly and turned it back on and it was all fine. i also had some very weird Japanese codes and words I suppose pop up and said ERROR in big ass lettters. I just got the new 360 slim this weekend tho and that bitch gets red hot on the side where the vent is.... got a nasty feeling its gonna shit out on me at some point.

it was always a gut dropping expirience for me lol i use my 360 for netflix a lot tho so I prolly am a little more attached than most