Haters

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Wiseguy

Wiseguy Entertainment
Apr 26, 2003
Just a F.Y.I. to all who love local music in the KC area.......
KCHZ Z95.7 FM has fired the Morning Show Co-host "Shorty"

She has been one of the only Radio people in the KC area to support local Hip-Hop... Over the past 2 years she has given on-air interviews to Techn9ne, Vertigo & Grant Rice..
She even did some voice over work for the Grant Rice mix tape..

She had been working on doing a show that follows local music...

If you get a chance please call Z 95.7 and let them know what a bunch of haters they are

816-576-7957

Aug 16, 2003
Shorty is funny as hell. I rember she got in trouble once for cusing on air and she said something about Michael Jackson that almost got her fired, but as far as I know she still works at the station. They still have her talking on the morning show commercials but to I havent heard her on air lately. I might have to listen to the morning show next week and see if shes on.

Holla

Sep 17, 2003
I definately agree with the fuck "Z95.7" but if they fired her over some shit she said that was her own opinion, then that's fucked up. At least she's been giving a lil support to the local Hip-Hop scene.

Also, if Wiseguy says she was fired, I believe him. Reason why you ask? Cuz he works for KC radio. So naturally, he would know his shit about KC DJ's.

Dec 29, 2002
that sux cause the local radio stations need to support the kc scene and i mean z95 was thinking they were a hip hip station then they should be playing local hip hop

Sep 17, 2003
Hey Wiseguy... you and Shorty should start a new radio station in KC and not only play what's popular, but Hip-Hop from local artists and other underrated artists from around the US. Hell, it's just a crazy ass idea, but a station like this is needed in KC. It would probably be really popular with people in and around KC, but I do understand there are financial restraints too.

shep

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2002
soulwinnerrj said:
Hey Wiseguy... you and Shorty should start a new radio station in KC and not only play what's popular, but Hip-Hop from local artists and other underrated artists from around the US. Hell, it's just a crazy ass idea, but a station like this is needed in KC. It would probably be really popular with people in and around KC, but I do understand there are financial restraints too.
advertising costs are based on the music you play. so if you don't play the mainstream, you don't get good ad prices, and you can't pay for djs, broadcasting licenses and so on. the reason radio plays the mainstream so much is that is where the money is. not just for profit, but to stay on air as well. Plus mainstream is what most people listen to. i know you people would say, play underground and i will listen to it, but that won't work. you have to establish yourself as a listening audience before they will cater to your needs... it's like voting in the country today. young people say why vote? they don't care about my age group. well, why should they care unless you vote? they are not gonna start caring until you start voting. so why play music that no one would listen to. start listening, telling em what you want, and eventually they may do it

Wiseguy

Wiseguy Entertainment
Apr 26, 2003
Shep is right . There is no way to start our own Station, but
I have teamed up with Sean Edwards from KPRS & Shorty..
We are talking about doing a internet radio broadcast...
Nothing is set in stone right now, but we are currently working out the details.

Sep 17, 2003
The more I thought about it after I made that post, the more I thought "hey, a radio show would be just as good". It would be nice if a local station would let you guys have a few hours once a week to promote local Hip-Hop, but I suppose that is also not gonna happen, at least for now. But an internet broadcast would be a great start. Hope it works out for you guys.

Aug 18, 2002
I'd hope to someday see a local station for not only hip-hip but for all genres of local music, different time slots......theirs an abudance of talent out there......shit not much of a fan but I saw today the Get Up Kids are featured in new releases for Tuesday in the Best Buy ad.:eek:

Nov 14, 2002
People around here who are lookin' to make a name send their shit to local college DJ's. We've got like 4 or 5 college stations out here alone and some of the best shit I've ever heard has come from those shows. Those kats love free underground shit to bump, so if you are looking for a way to start a show out there, I suggest you check with a local college and talk to the guy who does the hip-hop show.

Jan 23, 2003
Fuck the haters, I got nothing but love for someone supporting artists they believe in. Someone gets fired for trying to rep their home team, what a fucked up industry. Another reason I must say F.T.I.