Has anyone on here graduated or attended an Online based university?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
It appears that my GI bill is close to running out with my years of attending on site classes part time at some of the local JCs out here in phoenix. I pretty much figured out that in order for me to get through with my major without running out of benefits is drop my current math intensive major (Business) and take a non conventional condensed program so I can fully utilize my benefits while working full time.

I know LOL asking the siccness about school but i know there a handful of people who are somewhat educated and would like it if they could share their experience with taking an online degree program like UOP etc. If you graduated did it lead to a better job, promotion etc. I know alot of those school are crazy expensive, if anyone knows about one thats reasonable in tuition that would be a plus too.

May 14, 2002
I am attending classes online, Some classes are easier some are just as intensive. I know alot of people who have completed online degrees while in the military. Most try to go to a school that has an actual campus. No degree says that you earned it online, but certain colleges are known as online.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
I feel like, well actually i know for a fact that a conventional type of college degree holds more weight than an online degree.

Not anyone can attend a 4 year university, anyone can attend an online college. which says a little bit.

I feel it probably helps with getting a promotion though because you've trained yourself to be a better employee and now u have more knowledge u can use towards ur current position and your boss will see that and u would get the promotion.

even regular universitys have online classes though.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I was mainly thinking about getting on online degree from a real school either Northern Arizona University or a place called Grand Canyon University because they have real campuses that potential employers may considered to hold more weight. I'm pretty much juiced in with Wells Fargo working with them over a year and already one of their top performers. I figure with a degree and the OJT, i would be a lock for a nice management position no matter where I get my degree from or what my field of study is. Hopefully right? since I 'm gonna drop the business major I just need something thats closely related to management. I'm thinking administration or communications. And yep damn right i'd never take math online, i have a hard enough time dealing with that shit in class. I'm glad i only need college algebra and not pre calc and 2 semesters of business statistics anymore

Dec 17, 2004
I was mainly thinking about getting on online degree from a real school either Northern Arizona University or a place called Grand Canyon University because they have real campuses that potential employers may considered to hold more weight. I'm pretty much juiced in with Wells Fargo working with them over a year and already one of their top performers. I figure with a degree and the OJT, i would be a lock for a nice management position no matter where I get my degree from or what my field of study is. Hopefully right? since I 'm gonna drop the business major I just need something thats closely related to management. I'm thinking administration or communications. And yep damn right i'd never take math online, i have a hard enough time dealing with that shit in class. I'm glad i only need college algebra and not pre calc and 2 semesters of business statistics anymore
if youre already in solid with wells fargs and are mainly just looking for a promotion you should be good with an online degree from anywhere. or even a management position with another employer, you're experience with wells probably holds more weight in itself.

i know 2 people who got online master's degrees from national university. one did it just to get the automatic pay raise at her job (teacher) and it worked perfect for her.
my buddy did it just cause he wanted to get his master's degree faster. he's probably the smartest dude out of all of us (our group of friends..text book smart) and he worked his ass off for a little over a year (we'd see him one day, then he'd disappear for a few weeks), but when he applied for phd programs, he didn't get accepted by any of the schools (all cali schools). he got good grades and wrote good papers but the schools just don't take a master's degree from a place like national serious. sucks for him. cost him a lot of money.

but i think for your situation, you should be good getting one through NAU or so.

btw, ive had wells fargo since i was a youngster...only place ive banked with and ive been real satisfied with it...but what's up with there being no wells fargos in nyc?? how could one of the top banks in the nation not have banks in the epicenter of the country??...world at that. bank of america and chase is killin them out here

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
^with the wachovia conversion, all those wachovias in New York will be wells fargos within the next year and a half to two years.

I like NAU because it is a real school that is considered one of the top places to go to school in Arizona. Grand Canyon has a real campus but it is considered more of an online school, I would get a good deal on tuition there because I'm a vet I got about another year to decide though.

Dec 17, 2004
^cool. good luck

i know the wachovias are going to turn into wells fargos, but did they seriously never have any branches here before that? so if anyone had moved here 2 years ago i would have had to change my bank?