Haleek Maul thread (Barbados edition)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC

I just post stuff in this forum that I personally like. If one other person likes it, cool. If 10 other people like it, cool. If no one else likes it, cool. That's neither here nor there for me. I just post up stuff I think people might dig. Some usually do, some usually don't. All that I can say is whether you like the stuff we post in here, or if you don't.. this forum is more active than it has been in years. I wish more people would post up stuff they like but hey, what can you do.
I don't think that post was meant to say "Stop posting obscure music", just that some of it was pushing the boundaries of weirdness

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I don't think that post was meant to say "Stop posting obscure music", just that some of it was pushing the boundaries of weirdness
Oh, I didn't think any of these posts were along those lines breh. I was just kind of saying I like sharing music that I like that I think a lot of people probably haven't heard before. If people like it they do, if they don't they don't. I also like experimentation and trying something different in music. That isn't really the in thing to do in rap music right now and hasn't been for awhile. Everything for the most part is so cookie cutter from mainstream rap to gangsta rap and all the stuff inbetween. I give kudos to artists that try something out of the norm even if it doesn't really work and I don't like it (of course I'm not posting about it then lol). Anyways I'm really high and I'm typing too much. Bye.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
You're in general correct - however, most of us here are old enough to remember the Anticon days and the kind of garbage that was passing for high art in some circles at that time and is completely forgotten now.

Something that had a lot of negative consequences as it only deepened the division between commercial hip-hop and gangsta rap on one side and the backpackers on the other, at a time when that gap should have been instead bridged if the culture was to be saved. In the end it wasn't and we basically wasted more than a decade before the combination of the impact of the internet and the near-collapse of the recording industry allowed for more original artists to appear and be more widely heard.

Props: infinity