Haleek Maul thread (Barbados edition)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
All around it was pretty solid but after a while the sound got stale, I think it would have benefited from either more producers or supreme cuts having more diversity.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I'm a little over halfway through and I'm going to have to disagree. I've felt they switched up enough to keep it interesting. Even if most of Supreme Cuts beats are more up-tempo which is the exact opposite of how Oxyconteen sounded. I've liked it a lot so far. Maybe it helped I just gave that ASAP Mob a spin right before it but I'm enjoying this a lot lol.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
where do you guys find this obscure rap acts???
Few places for me at least. Some hip hop blogs, twitter, a few other message boards I lurk, sometimes even in the youtube related videos haha. Haleek's dope though and especially for a 16 yr old kid. Dude has put out a solid ep and full length this year in my opinion so I'm looking foward to hearing his music progress. It is a different sound though for sure. Not really something you could bump in you ride but that's not really the point of his music either.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
really though, I wonder the same shit

it will be some weird ass artist that I've never heard of at all, and a few cats like S @Staci T @two415dude T @tylerthetaco C @Crystaldab and a few others will all be talking about it and I'm sitting here thinking... am I just getting old or what? because I have absolutely no fucking clue what's going on. a littles less than half the artists they post up are dope to me, and the rest are just too weird

anyways.... for the sake of not entirely derailing this thread, I listened to the videos posted, and this falls into the "just too weird" category

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Might as well post this in here too seeing it's from the new album.

[video=youtube;eamgb5WXC4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eamgb5WXC4w[/video]

-edit- changed the thread title too...

[video=youtube;Q-lMJT4WjMk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-lMJT4WjMk[/video]

T @tylerthetaco I was wondering why that ^^^ said featuring Haleek Maul and wasn't just like Deniro Farrar x Shady Blaze xHaleek Maul or something. Anyways, I guess Deniro Farrar & Shady Blaze are working on a full project together. That should be pretty dope.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
basically what nuttkase said but also it's like with any other music genre, eventually you'll find the right combo of sites that eventually cover all these

Might as well post this in here too seeing it's from the new album.

[video=youtube;eamgb5WXC4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eamgb5WXC4w[/video]

-edit- changed the thread title too...

[video=youtube;Q-lMJT4WjMk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-lMJT4WjMk[/video]

T @tylerthetaco I was wondering why that ^^^ said featuring Haleek Maul and wasn't just like Deniro Farrar x Shady Blaze xHaleek Maul or something. Anyways, I guess Deniro Farrar & Shady Blaze are working on a full project together. That should be pretty dope.
Oh damn that's wassup, where is Deniro from again? Green Ova taking ova.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
really though, I wonder the same shit

it will be some weird ass artist that I've never heard of at all, and a few cats like S @Staci T @two415dude T @tylerthetaco C @Crystaldab and a few others will all be talking about it and I'm sitting here thinking... am I just getting old or what? because I have absolutely no fucking clue what's going on. a littles less than half the artists they post up are dope to me, and the rest are just too weird

anyways.... for the sake of not entirely derailing this thread, I listened to the videos posted, and this falls into the "just too weird" category
Not quite feeling these videos either.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Oh damn that's wassup, where is Deniro from again? Green Ova taking ova.
Charlotte, NC

I just post stuff in this forum that I personally like. If one other person likes it, cool. If 10 other people like it, cool. If no one else likes it, cool. That's neither here nor there for me. I just post up stuff I think people might dig. Some usually do, some usually don't. All that I can say is whether you like the stuff we post in here, or if you don't.. this forum is more active than it has been in years. I wish more people would post up stuff they like but hey, what can you do.