Ha Sucks For Knicks This Year

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 18, 2002
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...ug=ap-knicks-houstonretires&prov=ap&type=lgns

Knicks guard Houston retires
By BRIAN MAHONEY, AP Sports Writer
October 17, 2005

TARRYTOWN, N.Y. (AP) -- New York Knicks guard Allan Houston retired Monday, unable to recover from knee injuries that kept him out much of the last two seasons.

A two-time All-Star and member of the 2000 Olympic team, Houston was one of the NBA's best outside shooters before he was slowed by chronic knee soreness. He was limited to only 70 games over the last two seasons.

``I did everything I possibly could to get back and finish my career the way I would have liked to,'' Houston said at the Knicks' practice facility. ``My injuries just wouldn't let me do it.''

ADVERTISEMENT
The 34-year-old Houston appeared in only 20 games last season and averaged 11.9 points, his worst season since he was a rookie. He did not play in either of the team's two exhibition games.

Houston's retirement leaves Larry Brown without his top outside shooter as he begins his first season as Knicks coach. New York could use Jamal Crawford or offseason acquisition Quentin Richardson at the shooting guard spot opposite Stephon Marbury.

I thought that we would have the best backcourt in the NBA,'' team president Isiah Thomas said. ``We never got a chance to do that.''

Houston averaged 17.3 points during his 12 NBA seasons, including a career-high 22.5 in 2002-03, his last full season. He shot 40.2 percent from 3-point range.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
News Flash!!!!

Houston hasn't done shit since 2003. I thought he should have retired last season. I guess he thought he could come back.

I dont think it sucks for them... Did you see who they have this year?

Marbury
QRich
Nate Robinson
Jerome James
Jamal Crawford
Eddy Curry
Channing Frye

Major improvement from last year. Plus Larry Brown on the staff now. They should be a team to watch this year.

May 9, 2002
XxSiCCWiDIt05xX said:
yea i know they have done shit in a while..but with a healthy allan houston, they might have done somethin this year..
He aint the whole team...and i think they knew Houston was on his way out...thus them loading up....i cant wait to see Nate and Jamaal in the back court together...plus they got Q-Ball???oh wowzers!!!Can you say...Run and Gun???

sikk

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
I really dislike New York. I doubt this news is bad for them...isn't there a chance that now they have more cap room since he is retiring???