Gut Feelings

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
"Do you know you have more nerve endings in your gut than you have in your head?"

Instinct exists, but instict is distictly different and seperate from premonission, chance, "feeling", hunches, or psychokinesis.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
I dunno, but I get gut feelings towards sexual predators for some reason and I'm always right or always turn out to be right. I can eye out a sick fuck a mile away. So yeah, I guess you could say I trust my gut. To me, I think its psychic ability, I get bad vibes/feelings around these types of people.

Apr 8, 2005
i can look at a person like at parties and know if they are or are not gonna start trouble, thats how i chose where to stand, get away from the trouble, never been in a fight at a party ever, i can read people, its not the same, but people say its a natural instinct i have. most of the time a gut feeling is your body trying to reinforce what you already know is wrong or dangerous in your sub conscience.

May 2, 2002
i can look at a person like at parties and know if they are or are not gonna start trouble, thats how i chose where to stand, get away from the trouble, never been in a fight at a party ever, i can read people, its not the same, but people say its a natural instinct i have. most of the time a gut feeling is your body trying to reinforce what you already know is wrong or dangerous in your sub conscience.
I get what you are saying, I am able to the same thing

Mar 4, 2007
Lol another thing i'm nerdy about, well it depends on the culture's definition of these feelings(the gut feeling) really...the terms change according to the cultural lens you see these from..

There's a lot of speculation, but i have just been reading about developing your psychic abilities to be more receptive.. Just like SRD420 said she can sense negative vibes that pertain to sexually perverted individuals, well that shows that she has developed her ability to be receptive to a certain energy. There is a theory in eastern culture(well hindu/traditional indian culture that i know of) that the pineal gland, is actually the the physical organ that is essentially your 6th sense. This is goes from an interesting theory in one culture that can be seen in many other religions, where the head is considered sacred/special.

i do believe in this "6 sense" and i believe its just as important as other senses that we know of, such as taste, smell, sight ....yada yada...but our culture(american culture) doesn't really dwell on it, and especially with the influence that modern medicine and 'scientific' explanations overrule traditional explanations. The most accepted explanation of a gut feeling derives from the psychological study of instincts, like mothers with their children, but i think this is just a cop out for all those events that cannot be described with 'instincts' or genetic makeup of certain individuals...

Pineal Gland:
known by some cultures to house the 6th sense that is able to send and receive messages through non-verbal means

For example, in Santeria(Ifa), you lay on the ground(or kneel depending on your status) and put your forehead and face on the ground and put the top of your head towards the drums that house the Orisha's.
In Buddhist cultures as well, believe that the head is the most sacred and violating that area(by patting the head or any other physical contact ) is not respectful.

Thats just the beginning ofmy explanation..lol

Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
i really don't want to get into to it too much, but damn i be living my life off instincts a lot . You know when death is around the corner, or i can feel dudes punch before he even trys to hit me is the stuff i'm talking about. I get a lot static in my town but you just got to know how to handle yourself. Like dude said you got to position yourself but not just were your feet is standing but also your lively hood. That goes Family, homies, gangs or whatever you put around yourself you got to know where you stand. once you feel your cap being peeled, you get a pretty good idea that there is something behind the game that is deep.

Apr 8, 2005
Lol another thing i'm nerdy about, well it depends on the culture's definition of these feelings(the gut feeling) really...the terms change according to the cultural lens you see these from..

There's a lot of speculation, but i have just been reading about developing your psychic abilities to be more receptive.. Just like SRD420 said she can sense negative vibes that pertain to sexually perverted individuals, well that shows that she has developed her ability to be receptive to a certain energy. There is a theory in eastern culture(well hindu/traditional indian culture that i know of) that the pineal gland, is actually the the physical organ that is essentially your 6th sense. This is goes from an interesting theory in one culture that can be seen in many other religions, where the head is considered sacred/special.

i do believe in this "6 sense" and i believe its just as important as other senses that we know of, such as taste, smell, sight ....yada yada...but our culture(american culture) doesn't really dwell on it, and especially with the influence that modern medicine and 'scientific' explanations overrule traditional explanations. The most accepted explanation of a gut feeling derives from the psychological study of instincts, like mothers with their children, but i think this is just a cop out for all those events that cannot be described with 'instincts' or genetic makeup of certain individuals...

Pineal Gland:
known by some cultures to house the 6th sense that is able to send and receive messages through non-verbal means

For example, in Santeria(Ifa), you lay on the ground(or kneel depending on your status) and put your forehead and face on the ground and put the top of your head towards the drums that house the Orisha's.
In Buddhist cultures as well, believe that the head is the most sacred and violating that area(by patting the head or any other physical contact ) is not respectful.

Thats just the beginning ofmy explanation..lol
your pineal gland also releases psychodelic drugs into your brain while you sleep, this is why you dream, if you dont dream, you will go crazy and die, lol

May 14, 2002
To my knowledge instinct or gut feelings are not much more than our sense of the most likely outcome of any given situation based on prior experience in similar situations.
This also includes experience from others that has been passed to us.

Apr 25, 2002
Males wanting to put their penile gland in the female of the species = instinct.

Randomly declaring "It is going to rain today" = "gut feeling" (actual results have no impact on something being a gut feeling or not - people just claim the ones that are correct and forget or ignore those that aren't).