Gun Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 13, 2003
thnx bay2mi! Ill read this then and on saturday possibly go and take the test....You do take the test @ the shop you buy the gun from right?!

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
How many of us own (legally) guns or rifles/shotguns?!

Im going legal myself, been wanting to get a gun for home protection (again legally). Dont want the fuckin police sweatin me and taking me to jail if i need to pull a gun out on some fools trying to break into my home...shit i got a family now and protecting them at whatever means necessary is my priority! I wanted one ASAP so i guess my best route from using da "google" is trying for a shotgun 1st and then after i complete some necessary test to own a hand gun, ill get a gun.....What are some of your favorite guns?! Any real good pocket guns ya'll can recommend?!

Discuss.....
I'm currently looking into getting either a 9mm or a 40 cal. I've shot both, but would rather have a 40 Cal Smith and Wesson or something.

I am also planning on gettin an AK-47.

Both are for personal protection. The pistol more for people breaking in or whatever. The chopper for if there's a revolution and I need to handle some business.

I heard that AK's are gettin pricey as fuck though...and it'd be worth it to just get the .40 Cal......

I've shot (pistols) a .22, .25, .38 smith and wesson (regular and special), .357 magnum, and a 1911 .45 (most popular .45)....

oh, and a 9mm glock, and a 40 cal glock, and a 9mm sig sauer.

Apr 8, 2006
I'm gun crazy
Iv'e got a .57 which is a pistol that holds rifle rounds,bullets r bout the size of a 9 but longer n skinnier.
They devolped this gun as the sister pistol 2 the FMP90
I've had my CLP since '03
Guns ive owned...Colt AR-15,Black n chrome Tec-9,Mac11 with flash supresser,.50 Desert Eagle,Ruger.45 with a 17 round clip that stuck out the bottom of the grip,40 cal glock 22,Taurus P92 (which I popped off in an apt once on accident),Mossburg 12 gauge.
Thats i can think of 4 the moment...but really I aint even got nuthin....three of my brothers EACH got me beat!

Aug 8, 2006
thnx bay2mi! Ill read this then and on saturday possibly go and take the test....You do take the test @ the shop you buy the gun from right?!
yeah, the "test" is super easy. when i was younger i had a couple dumbass females that were over 21 take the test and buy somethin for me, if they can pass on the first try without any studying or even knowing they were goin to be takin a gun permit test that day (lol), i'm positive u can.

all the test is for is to make sure your not on a suicidal mission trying to take anybody u can with you, goodluck.

Sep 5, 2008
nah not really, you can take the test anywhere that gives it and buy your gun anywhere you want.

this thread made me go out and shoot today, being in michigan you just gotta hit up a hunting area and setup targets. ears ringing like crazy

Nov 24, 2003
for those of yall lookin for a good pistol, I'd recommend a smith & wesson sigma series 9mm or .40cal. Gloccs are good too but can jam up if you ever gotta empty a full clip. Plus the S&W's are way cheaper(around $350 on sale vs. $600 for the gloccs.)

Gloccs are extremely well regarded by the shooting community. Aside from the top of the line stuff, Kimber, DE, etc, to my knowledge Gloccs are considered the top of the line of moderately priced guns.

I shoot all the time and have never had a problem with any of my Gloccs. I would suspect the issue was caused by poor maintenance and not lubricating the action properly.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
I would definitely recommend a shotgun for home protection.

1) The wide spread makes hitting the target much easier

2) Stopping power

3) Limited range (misses don't hit your neighbors lol)
I'd get the .40 Cal (probably Smith and Wesson) with some special hollows...my boy was tellin me about these hollows with blue tips that have small bb's in them....so when you blast someone they're toast...

I want a gun that I won't inheret from my step-dad too. He's got 3 shotties, 3-6 pistols, and like 4-5 high powered hunting rifles...one of them is seriously on some sniper shit.

that's why i want an AK or .40 cal....

I'd get an all wood AK, new, and then turn it to the blue metal with a folding stock...i already got a dual clip holder that my boy got me, so it's motivation to get a chopper. BUT...they're like $800 right now which is fucking outrageous....

so pistola it is for me....found some .40 cal's brand new for under $600....oh boy...

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
or just make sure you use hollow points in your pistol.
that's what i'd do....full clip, of hollows...probably locked and loaded ready to rock and fucking roll...but it'd be locked up in a box or the safe that's bolted to my floor...lol....

Sicc OG
Jan 28, 2008
Gloccs are extremely well regarded by the shooting community. Aside from the top of the line stuff, Kimber, DE, etc, to my knowledge Gloccs are considered the top of the line of moderately priced guns.

I shoot all the time and have never had a problem with any of my Gloccs. I would suspect the issue was caused by poor maintenance and not lubricating the action properly.

fa sho homie, I'm bettin that was the case. I just wanted to give the info that it can happen. Gloccs are very nice pieces, they're just expensive

If money were no issue though, you cant beat the HK USP series