GTA IV Question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 28, 2005
I know ya'll probably spoke about the ins and outs of this entire game, and Im sorry for making another thread about it but I recently started this shit and have a question.

Im about 31% through it all, and hands down the thing I hate most about it is having to 'hang out' with all these motherfuckers I encounter.

So my question is this:

What are the consequences (if any) by having my friends 'not like me' or should I say, not having their respect for me better than 80%? Is there any way I can cheat my way out of hanging out with them while still retaining a good rating?

For now I'll just assume I have to dedicate X amount of time taking these cocksuckers drinking, to the strip club, playing pool and bowling etc. etc..

Thanks for your feedback.

Jan 5, 2006
i assume the only thing that happens is you wont get the special features that come with that friend.. like dwayne will bring hella homies to back you up, carmen brings your health back up and kiki i think gets the cops off you. I dont chill with any of these people lol.. not even roman.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Yeah the only thing you wont get is their special features.. The 2nd time i played thru i'd always cancel the plans, then once i beat the game i got their respect and features.. I beat the game only dieing once even without the special features, so i didnt really find the need to go hang out wit anyone anyways.

Jan 28, 2005
so what you're saying is it's not really necessary unless you fucking suck at the game and need the special features?

and just so you know Im not one of those "100%" completion freaks like my brother-in-law (who ironically is a detective by day and spends all his free time killing cops on grand theft auto), so I'm not worried about that kind of shit. I just want to play through and see the story unfold, fuck with the missions. I'll probably pick it up here and there when Im finished to finish all the racing missions and that kinda shit though, then I'll prolly take my friends out.

Jan 5, 2006
problem is.. the characters who try to befriend you are part of the whole story line in one way or another. You dont have to be friends with them but youre going to see them whether you like it or not lol. Especially when you have to do their missions in order to advance to other islands on the map and get more money.

Jan 23, 2006
you dont have to kick it with them. dont even answer there phone calls , just press b or circle. you'll know when its a call your suppose to answer for a mission...i think

Aug 7, 2003
there is only 5 friends you gotta do shit for

Roman, Little Jacob, Packie, Dwayne and Brucie.

you can put off doing all their activities with them after you have completed the main story missions.

Roman gets you taxi service for free with a phone call

Little Jacob comes near you and sells you weapons on discount from the back of his car

Packie gives you a bomb that you can put under a car and remotely blow it up

Dwayne sends 3 of his boys to ride with you and fight along with you

and brucies is like romans instead he picks you up in his helicopter.

if you get friends and your relationship with them over like 70% extra side missions are available that you need to complete to get 100% in the game. Little jacob has 9 drug runs, brucie has 20 races (really easy actually), packie will eventually set you up with stevie who needs 30 cars stolen. i dont think you can get anything from dwayne or roman becuae they could be killed depending on the decisions you make in the game.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
you dont have to kick it with them. dont even answer there phone calls , just press b or circle. you'll know when its a call your suppose to answer for a mission...i think
Naw that'll lower their respect for you.. What you do is pick up the phone call, say yes, then call them back and cancel the plans.. That wont lower any of the respect then, you'll jus stay neutral wit 'em.. Besides a few times Brucie will text you like "HOW COME WE ARNT HANGIN OUT" and you might lose like 10% respect but who cares.

Feb 10, 2006
you need to have

packie, little jacob, & the guy who does the roids...forgot his name

you have to get all up to 80%
&
do all the eating, bowling etc once for each of those charecters to get 100% complete on tha game

if you jus wanna beat the game/story mode @ 78% dont worry about it