Griffin- De-A-Bo-Leek Richmond

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 27, 2006
yeah Griffin is also featured up on that Illness album by Darkxide Asxylum so im sure its the same person. the Griffin cd used to be available on cdbaby for like 5 dollars but im sure if you get atem on his myspace you can get it for a good price.

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
Yeah Darxside Asylum was Griffin's project..

De'A'Bo'Leek is from 2001 i'm sure. I got it around then. Sold it though im sure.

You know that tape release, Dark Titans - Haters Must Die.. That's the first release Darxside dropped. Modoc n other rappers from Darxside were sposed to drop a halloween cd it was in the pipeline for years so maybe that's comin next?!?

De'A'Bo'Leek was a good album, if you like that sound (Poorman Dre beats from that era).. It had a similar sound to Young Twizt - A Force To Reckon Wit.. Erase-E - Longevity (real good album IMO), J. Dandridge - Too Experienced..

Hey man, you may like our tribute show to Brother Dre and his accomplishments as an artist/singer/producer/businessman.

Click the link. Press Play

YBBI Show #014 (2008-06-11) | Tribute to Poorman Dre of Poorman Productions and Studios
hosted by Ya Boy Black Ice

http://www.187radio.net/?p=episode&name=2008-06-12_ybbi_show01420080611.mp3

PLAYLIST

1. Can't Help Myself - Poorman Dre, Naldo Kief, Lady Lust - N/A - 98'/Y2K - Vallejo/Richmond/Oakland

2. Must Be Magic - Magic Mike - Old Game With a New Twist - 1996

3. My Last Rhyme Will Be My Last Breath - Ya Boy Black Ice - 5.0 REASONS - 10th Anniversary 1998-2008 (recorded 1999)

4. In Mai Corner - Societiez Creation - Hell On Earth - 1996 - Richmond/Oakland

5. RinnessyZee - Rinnessy (f. Young Nell, Poorman Dre on the hook and live bass) - It Iz Whut It Iz - 2008 - Richmond

6. Dans ma Niche - CSRD - CSRD - 2001 (not by Poorman Dre)

7. THOSE THAT NOW ME - ERASE E (f. Dap Danial, Poorman Dre) - LONGEVITY - 2001 - Richmond

8. MY MAMA (RIGHT OR WRONG) CLEAN - Ya Boy Black Ice - TRAVLYRICS COLLECTIVE - Unreleased - Richmond

9. Batch Full of Scratch - Mr. Kidnapp - Kinfolks Comp (They Aint Knowin) - 1995 - Richmond

10. STAY HUNGRY - Money - TRUNKHU$TLE - 2002 - Sacramento

11. Tonight - Poorman Dre - N/A - 98'/Y2K

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
Yo Ice, is the tribute just to honor is works? Hope he's aight cause I ain't heard much from him since Frontline's project in '05, and a few talkbox features, but the latest one I can think of is the Hacer Deniro album ('05).

Yesterday was just eyein up swoopin a cd he worked on by a vallejo rapper, found it on a late night internet search

Poorman Dre is fine...

Yeah man, Poorman Dre is fine; just living that regular 9to5 life in the matrix. He's been hella deflated regarding music. He stepped away to focus on family and life. It's frustrating to think about, but we understand. Shit, I did the same thing from 2001-2007.

Rinnessy, Ronald Porter (founder of Societiez Creation), and I are pushing hard to do an album of new material produced by Poorman Dre. We've expressed to him the love and respect that is out here for him and this Bay Funk. He is just hella unresponsive.

Maybe we need to start a petition of all the folks who would buy the album.:confused:

Until then you may like this:

Golden Funk Compilation: A Product of the Machine
Press Release: www.hip-hop-dance.net/the-golden-funk-compilation-gfc-free-download.html

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
^ Thanks for the links!

Never knew Rinnessey started out in Societiez Creation! And his album is tough too, on the the classic tip been meanin to get hold of it. Was tryna get at Laiv3 for several years after the 'Hell On Earth' tape, had no idea Rinnessey on these here boards coulda helped out!

Dre also used to collab with the First Degree The D.E... Back in '01 to '03..

U gonna find out how many people are up on his music? Prolly a lot of people know his songs and works, but couldn't put a name to the sound... Prolly guess another bay producer or somethin.. Lol a Poorman Dre awareness thread. I'd buy a new comp if he did some interesting collabs and pushed the boundries of his capabilities and kept it versatile.

Did Dre do beats on that BMC tape Brothers Of The Microphone Society - Necessary Actions.. I remember havin like 4 tracks of their mp3.com page.. There was like a network of all the rappers in your circle on there, ah, you put that shit together right?

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
Oh, you mean an album of Ya Boy Black Ice & Rinnessey? Haha yeah i'd definately buy that, esp. if Dre is doin all the beats! 1.

Thnx for the link, is it all previously unreleased material, or some taken from hard to find albums?

I know I'm always askin questions! 10 years strong i've been askin you and you been respondin lol.

You ever catch Rico & Crazy (Prophets Of Rage) around the town? Often wondered what happened to em after 'My Power' dropped.

Poorman Dre
Yeah, Dre did a lot of work with The DE. My graphic company was located inside Poorman Studios from 1995-2001. Dre is a dope dude. There is so many projects that never released or fell through. Its crazy.

He may come around. Maybe he'll google himself oneday and find this thread, then call us to say he has 80 beats for us to choose 10.

Rinnessy
My Bad? Rinnessy was not with Societiez Creation. Rinnessy actually started back in '94/'95 as Rapper/Producer with Extortion Records (STN/Game Stress, Kinfolks Compilation).

Rinnessy just released a new project:

ALL WUZ NEVER HEARD (Unreleased Tracks 2001-2005)
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/Rinnessy1

Societiez Creation
Ronald Porter is founder of Societiez Creation. We just released "Societiez Creation/Hell-on-Earth" on CD. He is also set to officially release his 1999 album "Soldier Story's".

Press release "Hell-on-Earth": http://www.hip-hop-dance.net/the-return-of-that-mid-90s-classic-bay-funkgfunk.html

Rinnessy/YBBI collab
Also expect a self-titled project from the group "A Fifth of Rinnessy over Ya Boy Black Ice".

Prophets of Rage:
Crazy went on to do some things with Mafiosos (Richmond). Rico has released a few solo projects under his real name "Rico Pabon" and with the band "O-maya". His latest project is "Louder Than Fiction"

BMC
Wasn't me. I need to hear it or see the artwork.
I did have "Richmond Cali Radio" on MP3.com. that was like 1999/2000.

Also you might like:
"The BA G-Funk Cafe" inside Travlyrics-On-Demand (Power by Travlyrics Graphics and Cafepress)
Branded Products from YBBI, Rinnessy, K-Lou Studio, Societiez Creation, Jimmy Black.

http://www.cafepress.com/travlyrics/5627475

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
^^ Thanks for the info! Yeah I remember your station.. I put a few of the artists u maintained on there on mine: Kalifornia radio. The group was BMS, Brothers Of The Microphone society. I just remember the cover havin BMS in green/gold? black background with all their faces around the BMS logo, I think the group was 4 or 5 deep.

Rinnessey, Ya Boy Black Ice collabo! Straight on hit! U got that comp comin out soon too! Good things for 2010!

Crazy workin with Mafiosos? Someone from the rich mentioned they was still rappin hustlin their classic cds on the metro.. Would love to hear new shit from them no doubt. Will google for Rico's solos & group see what it's sayin.

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
Yeah that Rico Pabon cd is real easy to pick up! Need to try hearin it first.

Heard the O-Maya cd too, it's a fusion of broad range of latin styles wid contemporary beats n some turntablism, not much rappin. Somethin I wouldn't bump but would love to see live.