Greatest NW Joints All Time

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 21, 2006
www.myspace.com
I'm sure there has probably already been a thread on this subject....but peep....if you are gonna hip someone to the NW life who has never been here or had anything to do with it....what songs do you put on the mixtape? What are our greatest hits?

Oct 21, 2002
posses on broadway-sir mix
bg church 'certifed'-converstaions
shaolin-street lecture
mobb related-seattle streets
cool nutz-what im about-bosko-remix
kid sensation-what comes around goes around lol
syko-just wanna fuck u 'i think thats then title'
thats all i can think of for early north west hip hop shit

Apr 25, 2002
ehh x panther u still got thoe portland and washington greatest tracks??
Those are just the Washington and Oregon versions of my state compilation series I did back in the fall of 2006. I just made a compilation for every state in the US.

Now that was a little while ago, so some has changed, for instance if I made it today I might replace Certfied's "Championship" with either "Lets Get To Work" (same album I know, but that song has really grown on me in the last 12 months) or "All the Way." Also, I'd put a few different tracks on the Oregon one such as "Up In the Northwest" by Michael Kay.

Apr 25, 2002
XPANTHER....have you heard certified's double disc "certified business"....
Yep that was the first album from them that I owned, and I was not a fan. I didn't like it all that much for whatever reason.

Then "The Outfit" came along, and that changed everything. I loved that album, so in loading it into my iTunes, I realized I had overlooked some of the stuff from Certified Business, so now I have a lot of respect for that album as well. I don't know why it didn't grab my ears the first time, funny how that works sometimes.

Jun 27, 2005
In no particular order:
Cool Nutz - What Im About
Cool Nutz - Notoz
Al C - NE Givin Up
Lifesavas - Cant Remember the title but it was on the Hellohihey vynil
Grassrootz - Outlawz
DBA - Walktadis
Bosko - Coffee In The Mornin
Bosko - Someone Else
Bosko - What You Got
Cool Nutz and damn near every other PDX rapper ever - Roll Call
U Krew - If U Were Mine (LOL, fuck what you got to say about it)
Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
Everything Jimi Hendrix ever did (does he count?)
Everything Nirvana ever did

Oct 21, 2006
www.myspace.com
hahahaha mannish you ever see the bolo yeung flick that was filmed in portland where u krew did the whole soundtrack.......hahah for real shit....panther man.....certified business is the shit man....."rise like yeast", "where do we go", "well known" mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Jun 27, 2005
hahahaha mannish you ever see the bolo yeung flick that was filmed in portland where u krew did the whole soundtrack.......hahah for real shit....panther man.....certified business is the shit man....."rise like yeast", "where do we go", "well known" mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
LOL nah but them boys was pretty good. They could have been huge. They had the opportunity to sign with a guy who was pretty unknown at the time, but is now known as Teddy Riley. Whats that movie called? I might have to check it out.

Oct 21, 2006
www.myspace.com
U Krew

LOL nah but them boys was pretty good. They could have been huge. They had the opportunity to sign with a guy who was pretty unknown at the time, but is now known as Teddy Riley. Whats that movie called? I might have to check it out.
http://http://imdb.com/title/tt0104530/soundtrack

the name of movie is Ironheart. Fuckin horrible but worth watchin if you are from the P...or the NW for that matter