Got a request from an ebay seller...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2003
I recently bought a CD from one ebay seller, got the CD and left positive feedback. Dude has also left me positive feedback. Now the same seller has asked me to cancel the transaction so that he can get his ebay fees in return. I don't feel like doing this, especially since the whole deal went smoothly but also because I don't want anything like this to backflash on me on a later tip. Since we both left pos feedback and the request came via the ebay message system it's pretty traceable that something fishy has been going on.

what's my risk if I cancel the transaction and is this something that is done on the regular? I've never got such a request before.

....or...maybe I should accept his request, cancel the transaction and then file a claim to get my money back as an extra bonus, LOL.

May 25, 2005
i dont see why you have an obligation to do so...i wouldnt go for it...and risk fuckin up my 100% positive feedback? nah...i mean you both even put positive feedback..woulda been safer before that...

ive never sold anything though...only bought...how much is dude really gonna get back?

Jan 6, 2003
Thanks. I don't feel like letting it go down like that. I don't know ebay fees but the CD sold for approx 50 dollars. It can't be that much of a fee....? I just don't want to do anything stupid that may fuck up my own ebay account, and cancelling the transaction after both have left feedback sounds just stupid. althought I'd like to help dude out, the fees are in fact something that comes with selling on ebay or other similar sites.

Anybody else have some thoughts on this?

Apr 26, 2010
I would not partake in that if he wants to avoid the fees he can go straight thru paypal. Its bad business to do that and it will come back around on you.

Jan 6, 2003
thanks fellas. You made me confident that accepting the cancel request is stupid, just like I thought. I got back at him and he told me that it was all good if I didn't want to participate.