good news for america, bad news for liberals

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hatch

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2004
http://biz.yahoo.com/cbsm-top/040402/914e7cc955b75237d1f2da7dff70f1e1_1.html
CBS MarketWatch
U.S. stocks rally on jobs data
Friday April 2, 3:15 pm ET
By Mark Cotton

NEW YORK (CBS.MW) - U.S. stocks were holding gains in the last hour of trading of trading Friday as investor sentiment received a boost from a stronger-than-expected March employment report, with both blue chips and the Nasdaq poised to end higher on the week.

The growth in jobs, which beat expectations for the first time in five months, was strong enough that investors ignored warnings from numerous economists that the data may prompt the Federal Reserve to rethink its accommodative interest rate policy.

Robert Brusca, chief economist at Fact & Opinion Economics said the data showed that jobs growth was strong, and upward revisions to past numbers made the upward trend look more durable.

"This report puts the Federal Reserve a step closer to hiking rates," Brusca said. "Not yet, but don't fight the market.......................

The U.S. Labor Department said non-farm payrolls increased 308,000 in March, well above expectations of 122,000. In addition, February's payroll growth was raised to 46,000 and January's to 159,000 from 21,000 and 97,000, respectively. See Economic Report .

It was the first positive surprise in non-farm payroll growth in five months.

Hatch

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2004
WHITE DEVIL said:
So you're saying it's good news because it's positive for Bush?

no, i am sayin it is good news for America and the 300,000+ Americans that got jobs in March

Hatch

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2004
Ironic Commando said:
so bush gets credited for someting that was gonna naturally happen anyway. whats it been...4 years..and thats his only acomplishment...aside from vactioning every 2 weeks.
i they (Kerry and the DNC) are going to blame him like they have been for a couple of years about jobs. he might as well talk about it and take credit for it when things turn around.

Jul 31, 2002

liberal or not, no one is gonna re-elect someone we never elected in the first place.. Yeah kerry isn't the man i woulda wanted, but maybe his advisors are just a little morfe intelligent then what el busho has goin on.. con sider this:

see what i mean...